Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done several mod's to my 2007 Hawkeye that have really improved the performance. First I drilled the carb slide, installed a Dynojet kit, removed 2 rollers from the clutch, and lastly mounted up a SuperTrapp IDSX muffler.

The SuperTrapp muffler really opened it up, plus it sounds nice too IMO. While it still is not a rocket, it seems to have much more torque (umph). The muffler is one that is for a 2005 800 Sportsman. You will have to fab up a mounting bracket since the 800 exits on the right side, and the Hawkeye exits from the left. The bracket is easy to make up, and other than that the muffler is "bolt on".

So if your like me, not wanting/needed a huge overweight quad, but are not happy with the performance of a stock Hawkeye, you can make it perform much better with a few easy mods.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How do I get the info on knowing where to drill the carb slid out? There doesn't seem to be any pictures/illustrations on this forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too have a 300 Hawkeye and it has a dead spot just off idle so it stalls alot. Do you have more info about the new carb you did? I am at the point if I don't fix this I will be selling it. How much is the carb update? Also has anyone out there snorkled one of these? Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
just got a hawkeye for my son, very interested in the upgrades to pep it up at take off, anybody ????

·
Registered
151 Posts
dead thread

must not be on here anymore to help, that sucks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts