Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 2008 polaris sportsman 500ho carb new in sept 3 2008. iv had the battery freez on me in jan 09 and the starter solinoid go out at the same time. now this hunk of crap decided to have another electonic problem. the SKU: 2410554 SENDER-FUEL,LEVEL $83.46 has gone out on me. exsactly 30days to the date my factory warranty whent out on march 3rd. on fri the 3rd it whent out. i want a polaris dealer to warranty this part. i will fix it, if you warranty the part. or you can fix it and charge what ever you want to polaris. this is dumb! i spent $6000 on a atv thinking it wasent the biggest piece of junk. and exspected better parts on it. but this atv is begining to be a pile of junk. im not asking for much. just some warranty help. i lost my job 2 monthes after i got this so money is tight. i used it this winter to plow snow and make extra cash so i could eat!!! i espected a new atv not to have any issues this soon, and there no reason for this.

please help me out......

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
never mind the dealer let me get an ext. 6month warranty..

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
I feel your pain, I'll be looking at a ext. warranty if I have any problems in the coming few months!

·
Registered
964 Posts
never mind the dealer let me get an ext. 6month warranty..

If you do not mind me asking, but how much did the ext 6mth warranty cost?

Just want to keep my dealer honest...when I pull the trigger.

Thanks,

biz
:cool:

·
Registered
44 Posts
polaris atvs seem to be high maintence machines

Honda has their issues now a days too.

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
I had a 07 Rincon 680 that I loved. Honda wound not warranty my peeling camo and loose front ball joints. Quad has 800 miles on it. My unit was under warranty still. Honda said the issue was because of my ITP wheels and bighorn tires. The tires and wheels were only on the quad for about 200 miles. No excuse on why they would not cover the camo. People who know me know I take care of all my toys and am quite careful with them. I cant rough house becasue of a bad back. I sold m Honda & went with the Polaris hoping they would be better. My first 850XP had clicking rear axles 4 months out of warranty and Polaris covered it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
actually I was a die hard honda man until one of my good friends bought a new fuel injected rancher.

Sucker was back firing out of the box. Ker pow she shounds like a shotgun going off randomly.

He drove it back and forth about 40 miles to the dealer where he purchased it from at least a half dozen times. The dealer acklodged this issue, but could not fix it. Honda would not do anything under warranty. He raised hell till he was blue in the face and gave up.
So I started looking at other brands, went with Polaris because of the smooth ride.

I have one more Honda story for ya. I bought a new 06 Recon. I saw them take it off the racks, battery was dead, they swapped it out with one in the shop. Well a couple of weeks later the battery was dead again. I tested the battery myself, it had a bad cell. Took the machine in, they said it just needed charged, charged it, and sent me on my way. A couple of weeks later battery dead again. Took it back. Same deal. Charged it and sent me on my way.
Battery went dead again. This time, instead of taking my new machine that is under warranty, I take the battery out, walk into their shop with it, and sit down in front of their parts counter.
Parts guy calls out their lead mechanic. He comes out, I proceed to get him spitting and stuttering mad. I'm trying to explain to him the battery has a bad cell and is why it keep self draining. The parts guy wispers "stay calm, let him say his piece and I'll get you a new battery". I was calm the whole time but wan't going to listen to any bs or walk out that door with another charged battery with a bad cell. They ended up making me feel kind of bad "batteries are not covered under warranty, but we will pay for it", and gave me a new battery. The parts guy apologized but having a major conflict with their mechanic was not pleasureable.
I havn't went in that place unless I have to since.
Oh, one more thing, two years later and havn't had a dead battery.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Some dealers, at least here in Alaska, will throw in a 6 mtn extended warranty. Just push real hard and be ready to walk out on the deal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a 07 Rincon 680 that I loved. Honda wound not warranty my peeling camo and loose front ball joints. Quad has 800 miles on it. My unit was under warranty still. Honda said the issue was because of my ITP wheels and bighorn tires. The tires and wheels were only on the quad for about 200 miles. No excuse on why they would not cover the camo. People who know me know I take care of all my toys and am quite careful with them. I cant rough house becasue of a bad back. I sold m Honda & went with the Polaris hoping they would be better. My first 850XP had clicking rear axles 4 months out of warranty and Polaris covered it.

My buddy has a 2009 rincon with the camo comming off and his also was still under warranty and Honda would not cover it.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yeah paint is usually not covered on any quad since it's a ATV. Just like a car. The paint is not covered unless there was a massive application issue like Ford had back in the early 90's with whole cars just peeling off.

I knew it was a risk getting a new model before the bugs were worked out so I got the 2 year extended thrown in on the deal for $400 bucks. There is a sheet that the dealer has for each quad that determines the price of the warranty. I was told it's not flexible because they pay it directly to Polaris. I had the cost offset by the free 3500 winch he threw in on the deal.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sounds like all these dealers are the same. Next ATV I buy wil be from the lowest price dealer. Also plan on not expecting any warranty because its just a bunch of B/S.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use to be an honda guy until I purchased my XL650L. That thing wouldnt stop falling apart & I purchased an 5 yr extended warranty on top of existing 1 yr & all through honda. The speedometer stopped working about 10 times, exhaust manifold & muffler broke, rear frame weld broke, sleeve in engine came loose & ruined entire motor! They fought on everything except speedometer & always had to write a letter to honda who backed the dealership. I had to pay for new rings & some other wearable stuff when they replaced motor, cost me over $400. Also took 6 months to get the motor up & running. Every time I had to pay & get reimbursed by honda after a fight. Polaris was great in fixing the few problems i had & that includes 2 ATV's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts