Polaris ATV Forum banner

Wanting 28" Mega Mayhems on stock 570

10K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  twostarrz 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am not new to the forum, but have recently changed my log in id to better represent. I appreciate all the knowledge of those of you that post the great information on this forum.

Now...I have read the forums forward and backwards trying to figure out the best set up for my stock 570 with regards to wheels and tires.

--I have decided from your reviews that I want 28" MEGA MAYHEMS.
--I have also decided based on posts that I would like to stay with 12" wheels to allow for more rubber between the ground and the wheel.
--I would also like to keep as close to the stock width of the 570 as much as possible.
--Want to also mak sure plenty of clearance to avoid rubbing.

With the above said...what wheels with offset would you experts recommend?
Also, if anyone is running a similar setup I would really appreciate sharing a photo or two.

Thank you and appreciate reading all your knowledge and experience.

OUTLAW

See less See more
#2 ·
To stay with your stock OEM rims you would need a 1/4" spacer to clear those tires or do a tie-rod end flip. If you go to an aftermarket wheel you will need a 4+3 offset.

#3 ·
If you are going to run 28" tall tires, then you would actually be fine going to a 14" wheel. Problem would be if you ever wanted to run a shorter tire, then you wouldn't want 14's.
If you are buying wheels, a 4+3 offset will ensure you won't have to worry about rubbing the tie rod ends. Your atv will sit right at 50" wide.

#4 ·
I appreciate the replies...so if I go with 28" Mega Mayhems with 12x7 STI HD3 wheels with a 4+3 offset, I should not have any issues with the tires rubbing tie rods or fenders?

The other option of going with 14" wheels...same offset of 4+3 to keep as close to stock width? Or do you go with different wheels for the front and back? Different offset?

Thanks
OUTLAW

#5 ·
Keep the front and rears the same and dont skimp out on a clutch kit.

#6 ·
#8 ·
^ yes. Just do a clutch kit.

#10 ·
I run 27" Mega's on 14" rims. See my info in the siggy.

#13 ·
Looks familiar but mine is the 800. I thought I could get away without clutch kit being an 800 but I was mistaken. Will do clutch kit this spring. Looks nice though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.