Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I have more questions...
How many of you use this plow/mount?
Do you leave the mount bolted in all year and just pull off the push tube assembly?
Do you ever have a problem with anything on the mount hitting trail debris or anything? Ever bent or broken a tab on the mount while riding?

I want to get a plow, I'm done with this shoveling mess... Plus, a good 2-stage snowblower here is around $650. I can get the plow and mount for a lot less money.

I'm pretty much decided on the Warn plow and the push tube assembly. Where I'm having trouble is the actual mount that bolts to the frame. I'm wondering if I should spend the $100 for it, or make my own out of a few pieces of 2" square tubing that would slide into a homemade front hitch receiver.

So I'm looking for opinions on the Warn mount... If you've ever had any problems with it (other than lost pins, I can easily fix that) now's the time to speak up please! Since shipping costs up here are astronomical, I have to be 100% sure before I buy anything. Yeah, the shipping is free on Amazon Prime, but to return anything I'm looking at some serious $$$.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I have a warn mid mount. I have had no problems at all. No lost pins or anything. I leave the mount on the undercarriage on all year. You loose maybe 3/4" of clearance. The are pretty damn beefy so it would take a substantial hit to @#$% it up...and I think you wkd have bigger problems then. I take my blade off and on quit a bit as it also gets rode for fun in winter here in MN. I recommend the Warn mid Mount highly

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've got the Warn provantage front mount on my 2013 sportsman 500 and love the way its made. I haven't yet had the mount on during the summer but I will definitely be leaving it on. I haven't lost any ground clearance at all and don't see it getting in the way of anything. Not sure about your mount but mine was designed to work in conjunction with the Warn winch mount.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts