Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed one yet, just got everything in to start installing it but dont see where they are talking about mounting too. The instrauctions are for the Sportsman 400-500, This is the belly mount style. Thanks Chris

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would call Warn. Their site shows the same part number for both the 400 and the 570 for the center mount kit (87355), but I didn't think the two ATVs were the same underneath. I think the front mounting locations are the same, but not the bottom.

They may have added some new mounting locations and hardware so that it will work with both, but Warn typically makes a unique part for each application.

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Before you jump the gun on a mid mount Warn that needs pins to connect take a look at the American Eagle. Much better design. Quick connect (no pins to lose or break!)and when winter is over you do not need to take the full mounting plate off to gain clearance again. You simply loosen 4 bolts and part of the plate slides off. The rest of the plate acts like a skid plate. Best of all its 100% made here in the USA. Unlike the Warn which is made in China now.

HEY! Looking for a American Eagle ATV Plow?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would call Warn. Their site shows the same part number for both the 400 and the 570 for the center mount kit (87355), but I didn't think the two ATVs were the same underneath. I think the front mounting locations are the same, but not the bottom.

They may have added some new mounting locations and hardware so that it will work with both, but Warn typically makes a unique part for each application.
Yea I talked to them(Customer service) and they said they were going to have engineering call me, this was Friday so hopefully they call me this week sometime.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Before you jump the gun on a mid mount Warn that needs pins to connect take a look at the American Eagle. Much better design. Quick connect (no pins to lose or break!)and when winter is over you do not need to take the full mounting plate off to gain clearance again. You simply loosen 4 bolts and part of the plate slides off. The rest of the plate acts like a skid plate. Best of all its 100% made here in the USA. Unlike the Warn which is made in China now.

HEY! Looking for a American Eagle ATV Plow?
Thanks but I get Warn through my distributor. There's no ground clearance loss with the belly mount as far as I can see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts