Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a brand new '13 Sportsman 500 and a new Provantage front mount plow to go on it. The plow and push tubes worked great. However, I am having problems with the front mount kit.

First, the two side brackets do not line up with any holes. I am not able to bolt them in place. I have tried all sorts of maneuvering and different positions. They seem to be shaped or bent wrong. Anyone else see this?

Second problem is the plow will not slide into the front mount without hitting the plastic bumper. It looks like I am going to have to cut some plastic away.

I'm gonna call Warn in the morning. I was wondering if others have run into this issue before?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just bought a 13 500 ho as well and am having the exact same problem. What did warn say when you called them?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had to trim the bottom of the front plastic a little bit in order to get the plow to slide onto the mounts without hitting it. This was actually a step listed in the instructions. I missed it the first time.

I called Warn. They were not much help. They did send me a new set of brackets but they were the same. I ended up getting everything to work by loosening ALL the bolts everywhere and then starting all the bolts by hand. Once all the bolts were started I tightened them down a little at a time and the whole thing snugged up. It was not an easy fit though. You could see the tabs/brackets bending into shape. I just kept taking my time. I also had to replace a couple bolts with good Grade 8 from the hardware store. The stock bolts striped...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey I've got the same setup on mine. It was difficult to align but it will go. Make sure all bolts are extremely loose and thats including the winch mount. You may need to use a pry bar to get some holes lined up perfectly. Once all bolts are in. Tighten the bolts that tie into the winch mount and then do the others. I had my wife put the bolts in while I was prying and holding the plates in place. They are quite difficult. As for the front plastic you might need to trim a lil off on each side. It is stated in the instructions that trimming might be required. What I did is heated up the plastic with a heat gun and gently massaged it in a lil more. Worked great and no rubbing at all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Were you guys using the warn winch mount or the polaris? I have the polaris 3500and am wondering if that is the problem. I had everything as loose as it would go and it still didn't line up. I didn't try prying it in place though. I am wondering how strong is the mount if all the brackets deform when it all gets tightened down. I ordered a new glacier pro system from my dealer out of frustration and was gonna sell the provantage setup. Would rather get this to work if I thought it would be stout enough and not damage the new bike.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I used the warn winch bracket. I've read before that other winch brackets don't cooperate with the warn plow mount

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am pretty sure that is my problem. Well I think I will keep the Glacier Pro when it comes in. That means I have a nice ProVantage system up for sale! :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have have 570 with the Warn Provantage winch, KFI mount and front mount plow. I had the exact same issue. No matter how loose the bolts were, I never could get the side tabs to properly align. I finally figured out the angle on the brackets was slightly off. I adjusted the angle very slightly and everything aligned perfectly. I did the other side and it fit as well. No prying needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts