Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought anew Sports. 850 Limited.

the first thing I noticed about the appearance was the warning decals.
six or seven plastered around the machine.
a pack of single edged razor blades, one for each decal, and a can of solvent.
It takes time and patience, but the result is a cleaner looking machine.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Oh my how will you know what not to do? Just yanking yah I did it to mine looks a lot better.:poke:

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I bought anew Sports. 850 Limited.

the first thing I noticed about the appearance was the warning decals.
six or seven plastered around the machine.
a pack of single edged razor blades, one for each decal, and a can of solvent.
It takes time and patience, but the result is a cleaner looking machine.
Put the razor blades away!!!! :shocked1:

Hair dryer or heat gun is all you need, WD-40 for the glue residue!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I like the warning stickers...gives me something to read when the ATV is laying on top of me and I am waiting to be rescued. I really like the pretty colored ones...and the ones in Spanish...

·
Registered
619 Posts
2X on the heat gun, much easier on the body work.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I leave the warning stickers. My friends are dumb.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Frenchie, that's too funny. Do you guys have Brail on your drive up ATM's too?

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Elevators is to be expected. but the DRIVE up ATM's have brail. Think about it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I left mine on. Makes people think it's still new when I'm trailering it or riding it. It's a personal preference. If they start to fade or get scared, I'll take them off.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Next thing you know some protective politician will write a bill requiring the stickers be on everyone ! - You know they are always looking out for us. LOL.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
What about the warning sticker thats on the left front fender of all atv's. You know the one that has all the picture's with a red line crossing through it. Try explaining the one that has a wine glass and needle to a six/seven year old. Yes it is on the 50 and 90 models too. I told my son that it means no driving crazy. I wonder what stupid ass politician dropped the ball on that one.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Elevators is to be expected. but the DRIVE up ATM's have brail. Think about it.
I'm with you on this one Thor. I ocassionally fish tournaments with a man who is totally blind, and years ago when we wanted a better take off position in a tournament, I let him idle the boat out to the starting point, You should have seen the rest of the boats scatter, then I got behind the wheel and we had our good starting position, so yes drive up braille atms are way over the top
[/LIST]

·
Registered
255 Posts
Years ago when we lived in Aurora, CO we used to frequent and ice cream shop there. On the walls, over each table and about 5 ft up, were small pastice "no smoking" signs also with Braille embossed below the words. The only way a blind person could read them, first they had to know they were there, and second the would have had to stand on the table to "read" them.....GO FIGURE!!!!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
curious as to how the plastic holds up to the heatgun (hairdryer) somebody told me not to cuz it would fade the plastic color. anyone have close up pictures of the outcome, pref. on an indy red?
I think you were given bad info. People use heat guns to get rid of fading. not cause it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
curious as to how the plastic holds up to the heatgun (hairdryer) somebody told me not to cuz it would fade the plastic color. anyone have close up pictures of the outcome, pref. on an indy red?
I just removed mine with a blow drier and no fading at all on my Sunset red sportsman. It was quite easy. Used WD-40 to get the glue off. Worked perfectly!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just removed mine with a blow drier and no fading at all on my Sunset red sportsman. It was quite easy. Used WD-40 to get the glue off. Worked perfectly!

awesome! its on the agenda for this afternoon! thanks!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts