Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to the forum. I was wondering how many purchase the extended warranty since they only give you 6 mo.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
569 Posts
I’d say quite a few do. Probably more don’t. One of those things where there’s no right answer. I didn’t and fortunately no real issues 2 years out.

·
Premium Member
3,609 Posts
I didn't on the Ranger or the wife's 450 when we bought them. I did on my 850 but only because I made the purchase in early September and didn't think I would get to ride it much before back surgery took me down for the winter. Generally I don't do extended warranties on anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should be good without the warranty because I take care of what I have. I just retired a 1980 Yamaha tri-Moto that has been good to me and upgraded to a 19 sportsman 570. Thanks for the replies.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'd say spring for the extended warranty since it's a Polaris. You'll need it. On the other hand, I know a guy who had a problem and needed service yet Polaris denied his warranty because he had "ridden through water". If we can't ride through a little water or mud, what good is it?

·
Registered
569 Posts
2 1/2 years with a 570 and 450 HO. 1 bad voltage regulator compared to cost of warranty for 2 machines in that time. I’d say I won that gamble. That’s not to say it’s not a good idea to purchase warranty. Just further proof there’s really no good answer on this. I never buy extended warranties and so far haven’t been burned. Just stay on top of maintenance Jagower.

·
Registered
323 Posts
It truly is a gamble but the odds are in the favor of the warranty company. If 51% of the people who bought warranties were coming out ahead they would be raising the prices of them. I had one thrown in on a used vehicle we bought and ended up needing a transmission replacement which was done for $100.00. I bought one with my next used vehicle and we ended up not using it before it expired. I have had my 570 for three years and no issues yet, I would have wasted money had I bought an extended warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts