Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:newbie:I'm fairly new to riding in Western Washington. I was wondering where the best place to ride my machines would be. I'm looking for easy dirt road type of riding. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
hello fellow washingtonian (or at least thats were im orginally from)
the only western washington riding i have experienced is at straddleline orv park just west of olympia. in the back past the MX tracks they have some cool trails, although maybe a little bit more techical then you might be looking for, there were some wider trails. thats where they had the dealer demo days for polaris 2 years ago.

other then that my experience is central eastern washington

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
yeah,

im from the the tri-cities. the main riding area out there is called juniper dunes. it is government owned land, and pretty big. it has its own little sections within it. central washington tends to be very dry because of the cascade mountains, so you usually wont be rained on. we also have a lack of natural vegetation unless it is sagebrush. we have lots and lots of sagebrush and tumbleweeds. out at juniper, the front part is all hardpack dirt trails that weave and wind through the hills and valleys within juniper. pretty much all of the trails are very mild and fast, and they all lead back to the wide open central part of the dunes where people have campfires, so its hard to get lost, just stay on a trail and it eventually takes you back to where you started. there are a few steeper hills where you can do fairly good hill climbs. if you ride to the back, go around a agriculture field, you get to the main dunes. these are very big, some very tall dunes. its all soft sand. the regulars always tend to head to the back dunes to jump them and climb them. pretty much most of central washington lacks everygreens or naturally growing trees. it makes for fun riding though

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found Capital state forest a really good place to ride and offers the type of riding I'm looking for and it's only 45 min from my house. However where are these Juniper Dunes at? I have been to Moses lake which was fun.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Tahuya State Forest Trails are alot of fun u can take 50inch or under trails all the way up to full size trucks it is alot of fun. straddleline is fun you can go in to there park for 15 dollers and they will watch all your stuff for u and you can go up and ride in alot of fun trails from there.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Tahuya State Forest Trails are alot of fun u can take 50inch or under trails all the way up to full size trucks it is alot of fun. straddleline is fun you can go in to there park for 15 dollers and they will watch all your stuff for u and you can go up and ride in alot of fun trails from there.
I rode at straddleline before. Polaris had their dealer invite ride in '08 right before the new XPs came out, and they had a semi truck there full of XPs to ride on the trails.

I was impressed with their trails, complex, and riding ground.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
what i realy liked was every thing is mapped out good and there is all kinds of ridin

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
It really was. We were on a 1.5 mile loop, and it had a bit of everything.

Also, the park was very very clean when we were there. It was a blast to ride there, and I would love to be back again some day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts