Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sportsman 570 Utility and 2001 Sportsman 500
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone figured out a way to keep water from entering the airbox intake under the gas cap and also the clutch housing through the 2 openings that are the clutch duct air inlet and the clutch duct outlet? This happens when going fast through puddles and water splashes up. I never go through water that is over the bottom of the footwells. I understand why it is happening due to hitting water hard which is a lot of fun, but it just seems that the design needs improving. I thought about covering the openings with a breathable material, but also thought that after that material gets muddy it would block airflow. This is my 2nd new ATV purchase. My first was a 2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 and this never happened. It really just seems that the more fun you try to have on a Sportsman 570 while following the guidelines from Polaris that are mentioned in the manual just leads to more problems. It looks like it is designed to be that way for stuff to fail so you have to replace parts or bring it in for service. I am just tired of repeatedly having to remove the footwell to get the clutch cover off, clean and dry everything and reassemble. Any advice from people that have found a way to mitigate the water coming in from those 3 openings will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

1 - 1 of 1 Posts