Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2015 polaris sportsman touring 570. I've only had 8t for about a month now and every time I get into water somehow water is getting down into my airfilter box. Is anyone else having this problem? Anyway I can rig it up so water and dirt can't get down in there?
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2015 polaris sportsman touring 570. I've only had 8t for about a month now and every time I get into water somehow water is getting down into my airfilter box. Is anyone else having this problem? Anyway I can rig it up so water and dirt can't get down in there?
Thanks
Yep, I am having the same issue. I have never gotten in water deep enough for it enter the factory intake. Yet twice I have had water in there. I have made sure the seal on the top isnt leaking so I don't know how it's getting in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had it passed my steps. I don't know if I'm hitting the water a little too hard or what but somehow water keeps getting in there.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Check the drain on the bottom of the box maybe??

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the 2015 570 EPS and have had it in to the fenders. Water in the box after was negligible. It did run terrible for a few minutes after though.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
It's coming up thru the snorkel part or whatever it's called.
up by the gas tank.
For that you could always put an "Outerwears" pre-filter cover over the intake..... if you don't plan to snorkel it!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Are you guys sure your not plowing through the deep water too fast? If it splashes up hard enough you will suck water in!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you talking about putting this OUTERWEAR over the flitler its self?

When I'm going thru water, water and dirt is splashing up where the entrance of the tube is for the breather

·
Registered
177 Posts
I had a similar issue, with my past 570, and a buddy with a 570 has it too. When he hits water hard, it splashes up from both sides of the tires, and the wave on the inside, channels some water into the air intake / vents, and we always wound up having to drain water out of the belt housing. I don't recall getting any in the air box in this case, but it might be a similar cause. Sold that quad, so I don't know for sure.

FWIW :)

·
Premium Member
12,926 Posts
Are you guys sure your not plowing through the deep water too fast? If it splashes up hard enough you will suck water in!
My thoughts also. :cowboy:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Very odd.. Your issue has me stumped.. Hitting water hard - running in deep water etc.. I've had water in my cvt before due to loose clamps that just needed to be tightened but never a drop in my air box..

·
Registered
567 Posts
My thoughts also. :cowboy:

^^^^X3^^^^

Stepson did this with my 400 and ruined the air filter and burned up my belt because he was hitting 8 inch deep puddles at 25mph.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks
I have the same problem. I hit water too hard and it gets sucked up by something. Funny thing is the outside of the box is completely dry so there must be some kind of tube or something sucking it in.

·
Registered
14,477 Posts
I have the same problem. I hit water too hard and it gets sucked up by something. Funny thing is the outside of the box is completely dry so there must be some kind of tube or something sucking it in.
Does you air box have the drain plug in it? #7
Handwriting Organism Slope Font Parallel

·
Premium Member
12,926 Posts
Those mother sucking tubes!!! Why do they even use those any more. Buddy you should snorkel yo ride!!!!

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
9,150 Posts
Wow I have the same thing. Gonna try what u did but a slightly temporary one to see if it works. I love the Polaris community!!
Welcome to the forum

1 - 20 of 35 Posts