Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am new to the site, and Polaris. I picked up a 2003 600 twin with a few issues for a good price. As I dive into this horse I am finding all kinds of strange things. The worst so far is after researching the issue the owner told me of "this thing over heats every dam time " I checked the radiator, overflow , and saw the had fluid. I then took off more of the 600 pieces of plastic on this quad and tore into the waterpump. Once inside I saw no impeller, and what looked like black and green slush. After sticking my finger in the slush I realized it was plastic. I now know where the impeller went. I did proceed to flush the radiator, and motor to get the rest of the plastic out. My question is does this happen often? is it a know issue since Polaris changed all the plastic pieces from the waterpump to aluminum? And how do I know if this wiped out the water pump seal ? Any info would be great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds to me like it was run with no fluid in it. If the seal still fits the shaft tightly it should be okay. Lots of water pumps on e-bay. 600 and 700 and 800 use the same impeller. I don't know about the aluminum pumps. The part number hasn't been changed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts