Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short had to replace the water pump seal .Got everything back together fired it up and let it run about 15 min . I kept my eye on the weep hole and during that 15 min a trace amount of coolant came out of the hose. Like a visine drop or two after I shook the hose. Should I be concerned and rip the whole dam thing apart again or Is this consider this normal?

·
8,952 Posts
It shouldn't leak ANY. But if there was only a couple drops it may have just been residual left over from the repair. I'd keep and eye on it for a little while.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don’t think it was left over stuff because it weeps a bit every time I ride it . Hasn’t got any worse Just paranoid now since coolant got in the stator housing and fried the stator, voltage reg and ECU

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Coolant will not hurt the ECU or rec/reg and would probably not hurt the stator as much as plain water - the liquid will cause corrosion that might damage the stator, but the liquid has no direct effect on the stator. Corrosion usually damages the flywheel before it damages the stator.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Late bird What I was referring to was the coolant that was in the stator housing (about a 2 cups worth ) is what caused my stator to to ground out and that caused my overvolt issue, in turn fried the ecu and VR. None of that would of happened if the seal didn’t fail and that’s why I’m paranoid it’ll happen again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts