Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I thought my quad needed to lose a little weight so....
I took off the many ugly ass warning labels and all the reflectors total weight loss of 1.5 ounces now the machine handles better and pulls harder:jester:
but serious they looked horrible and I also painted that annoying silver piece under he front cover black

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for now I just removed the rubber piece on top off the airbox. After I get a tuner and get on the dyno to tune I will probably do some cutting. I want to dyno it with and without the filter to see exactly how it response. should be interesting to see how much it gains without the K&N in there.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I added some weight last night, plenty of room for the 130mm grips.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I took off the many ugly ass warning labels and all the reflectors total weight loss of 1.5 ounces now the machine handles better and pulls harder:jester:
I can only imagine how much better it handles and how much harder it pulls off the line!! Probably due to better aerodynamics from removing the government "protect me from me" decals! :rofl: :fing02:

Here's one for you..... How about all synthetic fluids and running them at the minimum line marks should save you a couple more ounzes or maybe even a quarter pound..... can you imagine what that would do for performance??? :drive: Hell Yeah! :D

Good Post.... I too like a "clean" machine, and removed my safety decals for the added aerodynamics factor! :D

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I've got it all set up to do them when I get home today. hopefully they slide right in like a few people have said, but if not I have a small spud wrench that should help. They are very nice quality and the powder coat is pretty much perfect.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sounds good I think I'm going to order them and the CVT brace

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I will end up picking up the rest in time...or as they break...lol...wife is watching my spending right now also, gotta let the fresh purchase wear off.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hear ya. lol
I would probably get the frame braces as well but i'm to lazy to strip down everything:)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can only imagine how much better it handles and how much harder it pulls off the line!! Probably due to better aerodynamics from removing the government "protect me from me" decals! :rofl: :fing02:

Here's one for you..... How about all synthetic fluids and running them at the minimum line marks should save you a couple more ounzes or maybe even a quarter pound..... can you imagine what that would do for performance??? :drive: Hell Yeah! :D

Good Post.... I too like a "clean" machine, and removed my safety decals for the added aerodynamics factor! :D
I think I'm gonna remove all the oil and just run 1 bottle of slick 50 and also remove the air from my tires In hopes off some weight savings:)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Good luck with the frame braces! Glad you like them!

The front piece will slide in 10 out of 10 times..

The rear piece will slide in maybe 1 out of 10 times.

What happens is the lower a-arm mount twists from the factory when they tighen down the rear diff which that bolt is towards the front of the mount.

If you have the ATV jacked up - remove the tires to take weight off the suspension. You may need a large "Awl" or Bolt Hole Alignment tool. Worse case is you use a 3' long pipe and place it against the rear part of the mount and bump it into place with a 5lb sled hammer (both sides so they are equal). It sounds harsh but it is simply the fastest way plus a little touch up with model paint makes any marks you made go away.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Thanks for tips...right now I just backed it up on my truck ramps to have a little room underneath, but if I run into problems I'll use a lift and take the rear wheels off as you suggested. When I pick up the engine access braces, how much would I have to take off to get that guy in there?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Rick any way to speak with you about getting the braces and a couple other questions. And good luck with the install hope it goes smooth

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thanks for tips...right now I just backed it up on my truck ramps to have a little room underneath, but if I run into problems I'll use a lift and take the rear wheels off as you suggested. When I pick up the engine access braces, how much would I have to take off to get that guy in there?
Engine Access is pretty easy. Its 4 main bolts, (1) Plug Wire Bolt, (1) Airbox bolt and (1) Shifter Linkage Nut. All you need to do is remove the black side panels which are held in with plastic push pins.

I would say about 30 minutes.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I think I'm gonna remove all the oil and just run 1 bottle of slick 50 and also remove the air from my tires In hopes off some weight savings:)
Man I think I have heard it all. Of all the stupid ideas I have read here. Why on earth would you remove the air from your tires? Everyone with a scintilla of intelligence knows you fill them with Helium. Hydrogen is just too explosive. :damnit: ;)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was going to use the air out of my compressor but I thought I would get better air from a gas station for 25 cents cause more money always equals better :)

·
Registered
944 Posts
OR....

Leave the cooler full of ice and beer at home. That will save some weight.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OR....

Leave the cooler full of ice and beer at home. That will save some weight.
That's why I ride with utility quads:)
those guys aren't happy unless their carrying something...lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts