Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my son this brand new outlaw 70. He rides the crap out of it. Problem now is you have to hold the key to the start position before it will crank. Like hold it for 2 seconds. Then it starts.
The rear break light stays lit when it's off. Not sure why yet. I need to investigate that aswell.

Could this brake light be lowering the battery voltage and that causing the issue where you have to hold the key? It cranks fine once it does crank.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
7,492 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Your question has now been logged into the queue and the next available forum member will answer you shortly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just bought my son this brand new outlaw 70. He rides the crap out of it. Problem now is you have to hold the key to the start position before it will crank. Like hold it for 2 seconds. Then it starts.
The rear break light stays lit when it's off. Not sure why yet. I need to investigate that aswell.

Could this brake light be lowering the battery voltage and that causing the issue where you have to hold the key? It cranks fine once it does crank.

Any thoughts?
Sounds like maybe low voltage on the battery? Maybe you could charge it back up, or temporally try a battery from another machine?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Put it on a trickle charger last night. Haven't had the chance to get back to it. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
13,346 Posts

Any thoughts?
So why are you screwing with it? Take it back to the dealer and get it fixed under warranty.

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
^^^ What he said. I wouldn’t touch it. If you screw with it and then end up taking to Dealership, and they see you were messing with it, they’ll blame you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts