Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
ATV Junkie
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the latest addition of PolarisATVForums.com dedicated to the new 2014 Polaris Sportsman 570!

Anyone planning to pick up one of these?

·
Registered
324 Posts
We talked with some of the engineers about this new 570 and they were really excited about it. It sounded like most of the people at Polaris were nervous about changing anything at all because it's basically the "hallowed 500", but the engineer I spoke with said, "why be nervous when we are making everything better!"

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have been chomping at the bit to see one in person, but as of last week my local dealer didn't have one yet.. I would be willing to do a real world test of this new machine and give feedback weekly if Polaris would give an insensitive for me to do so!! Not asking for a free one, but possibly a nice discount and company support?? I think it would benefit their sales!! And I'm really excited about this machine.. Gonna dominate the market!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
we got a white one at the local dealer in my town ...it is NICE, efi and power steering, the racks are a little different than previous ...i like it !

·
Registered
37 Posts
Something that one one has really talked about, about the 570 over the 500 is that the 500 is a 2 valve single cam and the 570 is a 4 valve DOHC design with is much better for those that are more aggressive.
The 500 makes 35hp and the 570 make 44hp, so the extra 9hp equals 22% more power and that's a pretty significant difference, tho the battery location does suck.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I had a chance to ride a 570 for the first time this week and all I can say is WOW! 44 hp in this nice little machine is unreal! The torque delivery pretty much instant and the engine exhaust note has a real nice deep thump to it. Everything about the machine seems to be better and more refined. And the craziest part about it, it's the same price as the 500 was when it was released back in 1996 :top:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had a chance to ride a 570 for the first time this week and all I can say is WOW! 44 hp in this nice little machine is unreal! The torque delivery pretty much instant and the engine exhaust note has a real nice deep thump to it. Everything about the machine seems to be better and more refined. And the craziest part about it, it's the same price as the 500 was when it was released back in 1996 :top:
Ive gotn rid of one of my 500 H.O.'s and now im buying another 570, the instrument panel is better cuz it has a dam Clock!
One thing that sucks is that you cant get it in White without EPS, which sucks but the red looks pretty good, Hate the green, but i get such great deals at Honda East im probably just going to buy White Plastic when it all becomes available.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I was surprised how nice the EPS was to have on rough trails. IMO it's worth the price to upgrade to get it, and you get white :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was surprised how nice the EPS was to have on rough trails. IMO it's worth the price to upgrade to get it, and you get white :)
Really? ive read it doesn't work consistently, that it fades in and out, i put EPS in my RZR 900 and it was nice how the steering wheels didnt get jerk in the ruts.

Also it is almost a good idea, cause new plastic is half the price of the upgrade.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I have been chomping at the bit to see one in person, but as of last week my local dealer didn't have one yet.. I would be willing to do a real world test of this new machine and give feedback weekly if Polaris would give an insensitive for me to do so!! Not asking for a free one, but possibly a nice discount and company support?? I think it would benefit their sales!! And I'm really excited about this machine.. Gonna dominate the market!!
Polaris was already dominating the market with the 500HO, and I'll also take a discount and factory support if they want to start passing that out, but wish in one hand and s*^# in the other and see which one gets full first

·
Registered
324 Posts
Really? ive read it doesn't work consistently, that it fades in and out, i put EPS in my RZR 900 and it was nice how the steering wheels didnt get jerk in the ruts.

Also it is almost a good idea, cause new plastic is half the price of the upgrade.
I took the 570 out on some rough trails and never once felt it fade. I've also had their powersteering in RZR's and have never had an issue. Once you have EPS you'll never go back :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hey if I put one of those spinny hitch propellers on my 550 can I be part of the 570 forums. Independent government testing has shown that hitch propellers can add up to 20cc on any vehicle that they are installed on! :werd:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts