Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone the set of itps finally came in the other day and I installed them right away they look great and barley fit haha.
My only concern is wheel torqueing specs my manual says 30 ft pounds plus a 1/4 turn doesn't that sound a little to loose?
Here is a before pic

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also forgot to add I ended up going with the 26 x 9 x 12 in the front and 26 x 12 x 12 in the rear
Thanks again to everyone who has been helping me with this purchase on previous threads

·
Registered
455 Posts
My only concern is wheel torquing specs my manual says 30 ft pounds plus a 1/4 turn doesn't that sound a little to loose?...
Loose? No not to me, I'd think 30 ft pounds would be plenty, but I've never heard of xx ft/lbs plus 1/4 turn???

·
Registered
455 Posts
Looks good

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hey everyone the set of itps finally came in the other day and I installed them right away they look great and barley fit haha.
My only concern is wheel torqueing specs my manual says 30 ft pounds plus a 1/4 turn doesn't that sound a little to loose?
Here is a before pic
most aluminum rims require 70-95 ft lbs lug nut torque

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Here is the after
Looks good!!! It's amazing how a set of wheels/tires can completely change the look of the machine!!! :fing02:

How's the tie rod end link clearance up front? Are you running a spacer of any type?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It doesn't touch anything at full lock of steering
Thats with no spacers
It will be interesting to see if it rubs with the suspension at full travel and steering at full lock
Dont realy have a chance to try with the weather over here winter is never ending this year

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Book says 75lbs for aluminum wheels but don't tighten them that much you will twist off studs, they are only a 3/8 stud, I just tighten them then ride it awhile and check them, I would guess 35-40 ft lbs, several threads on here about people twisting studs off .

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im going to say a quarter inch
Il post some pics when I get a chance just helping my brother move not much time these past days

·
Registered
378 Posts
Here is the after
Looks good!!! It's amazing how a set of wheels/tires can completely change the look of the machine!!! :fing02:

How's the tie rod end link clearance up front? Are you running a spacer of any type?

Oh how true this is!

It does look nice. BTW, you said you ended up going with 26" tires? What size are the OEM's? They look tiny compared. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The stock carlisle at 489s
The fronts were 25 x 8 x 12
And the rears where 25 x 10 x 12

They now are
26 x 9 x 12
And 26 x 12 x 12

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
x3 on the 40-50 ft-lbs for the aluminums.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts