Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove back home and met up with my father and some friends and did some ice fishing yesterday. Stopped by cabelas in grand forks ND on my way there on Friday to pick up a new fishing rod and ended up getting a Clam Denali TC ice house. Display model on sale $200 off!!!! Here's a pic of the houses setup before everybody else showed up.

icefishing.jpg

It was cold about -10 without the windchill. Warm in the ice house with the Big Buddy blazing. New fish house was very nice, got a lot of compliments. Fishing was slow, only caught 4 perch and two walleye between 5 of us all day. Talked to a few other groups and nobody was having any luck. Still had fun though!!! For some reason I had a headache the following morning :friday:

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
that clam is nice..is that the one thats sorta insulated....my buddy has an older one....10 years old..lol...but still nice..beats being outside in wind an cold...

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Ice Fishing is not always about catching fish
just hanging out with friend and drinking a few cold ones
some of my best days of ice fishing and we caught nothing
I always say if you play volley ball not everybody gets a ball to take home
fishing is just another sport

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ones in the Pics have a Thermal insulated top only. Nice not to be dripped on and supposedly retain heat better. There were two others (both clams) that showed up later, one was no thermal which held heat just fine and the other was ALL thermal. I don't know much about ice houses except clam and otter seem to be what I see the most on the ice. The only thing I don't like about mine are the zipper pull tabs suck, they are just plastic and three broke in the cold. For some reason my dad had a bunch of bottle opener keychains so they were the replacement lol.

EDIT: I agree 100% indy I used to ice fish ALOT but the last few years I just haven't made it out as much as i'd like. Seeing the family and friends is what its all about for me.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
get some small wire ties for the zippers..and also lube the zippers....either bow wax or chap stic..lol....they glide then...lol....

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
candle wax works great and does not freeze

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys i'll give it a try. Was nice that you could drive ANYWHERE on the lake since there's hardly any snow on the lakes around here. Wind blew it all off into the trees. We just stayed in one spot and watched some people move 3,4,5 times throughout the day.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I saw a video a few days ago of a guy and his son ice fishing. Caught a huge Lake Trout. When he finally got it up out of the hole my jaw dropped. I'll see if I can find it again.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
It's kind of long....they could have edited it a bit, but what the heck. The ending is worth the weight. lol sorry... couldn't help myself. :chairfall:

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^Holy Crap!!!!!!

swamp, my buddy who was fishing about 50 yards away from us has the nanook and really really likes it

·
Registered
213 Posts

First time out with my wheeler and this was the first fish out of the ice had a great day with my father whom I started ice fishing with when I was 5. I'm now 29. And still using the same pole I had 24 years ago.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Nice.... looks and sounds like a good time! I haven't been out much this year (only twice)..... maybe next weekend, since it's suppose to start warming up a bit now, or at least above 0°F.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Nice.... looks and sounds like a good time! I haven't been out much this year (only twice)..... maybe next weekend, since it's suppose to start warming up a bit now, or at least above 0°F.
Yea it's 5f. Here right now it was about 25 that day. Supposed to be 15 tomorrow might head out in the afternoon.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts