Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 sportsman 570 2020 sportsman 850
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went riding this weekend and it ended up flooding on us. We got completely soaked and road in the pouring rain for close to 1&1/2 hours. Both the 570 and 850 performed flawlessly. We weren’t mud riding, just trails and black rock roads that are generally dry. Before unloading the machines earlier, I checked oil and air filters just to make sure and the 570 was perfect and dry but the 850 air filter was really wet. The air box had water standing in it. The air box seal is in good shape but looks like it may have been put on the cover bright and early Monday morning. Does water get past this seal or do y’all think it came in from the air ducts on top of the air intake and under the plastics? I don’t want it happening again as I’m very meticulous about my things. Would one of those r2c filters hold up better for riding in the rain? Riding in the rain was not a plan but I took my dad for Father’s Day and we drove over 100 miles to get there.

·
Registered
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
171 Posts
I’ve heard of an air box crack. You’ll have to remove right side panel and inspect the entire air box and duct.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ll tear it down next week and make sure there aren’t any cracks.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Went riding this weekend and it ended up flooding on us. We got completely soaked and road in the pouring rain for close to 1&1/2 hours. Both the 570 and 850 performed flawlessly. We weren’t mud riding, just trails and black rock roads that are generally dry. Before unloading the machines earlier, I checked oil and air filters just to make sure and the 570 was perfect and dry but the 850 air filter was really wet. The air box had water standing in it. The air box seal is in good shape but looks like it may have been put on the cover bright and early Monday morning. Does water get past this seal or do y’all think it came in from the air ducts on top of the air intake and under the plastics? I don’t want it happening again as I’m very meticulous about my things. Would one of those r2c filters hold up better for riding in the rain? Riding in the rain was not a plan but I took my dad for Father’s Day and we drove over 100 miles to get there.
I don’t think any filter including R2C should get wet and I hope you figure out what happened. Either way, I’d definitely look into getting an R2C filter.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went for about an hourlong ride earlier to make sure I got everything hot to make sure any water that might have made it into the intake would dry up. Bike runs perfect

1 - 7 of 7 Posts