Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was trail riding yesterday and we came across a big mud pit behind my friends subdivision and I rode out into what looked like a shallow hole and I sunk my 800 into at least 5 feet of water. I managed to float it across but when I came out the hole I had no pwer. I'm sure the belt is slipping and I hear a flapping sound when I hit the throttle. Will it dry out and run normally again or do I need to change the belt?

·
Registered
3 Posts
A friend of mine has soaked his sportsman 700 many times. It always drys out and works again. Of course, you did pull the drain plug and drain the CVT case, right ?

·
Registered
361 Posts
you have to drain the case, and what ever is left, should eventually dry out..

OR... you could open up the cvt (or as some call it PVT) casing and manually dry it, with a towel, it will also give you a chance to find out if your belt needs to be replaced (might be getting near wearing out)

plus, the dirt that might have gotten in will probably not get out and cause the belt to wear out faster..

hope i helped.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Just by your own answer.Take it to the dealer. I can tell you don't have the confidence to tear into it,and that's Ok.Actually it's smarter to if your not sure. Get a manual and read up on you machine.Confidence will come with time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just by your own answer.Take it to the dealer. I can tell you don't have the confidence to tear into it,and that's Ok.Actually it's smarter to if your not sure. Get a manual and read up on you machine.Confidence will come with time.
Yeah, I'm mechanically retarded. If I touch it it will be in worse shape than when I started.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Much smarter to admit it than think you know whats up. I admire that bud! Info anytime my friend!:slomo:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts