Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have read several lighting threads on here and have been lead to believe that an H11 bulb will directly replace the 886 low beam bulbs in my 14 sportsman 400.

So imagine my surprise the other night when I acquired a set of h11 hids and went to install them and they DONT fit! Bulb bases physically wont fit in the housing. Are certain year headlamp housings different in the sportsmans?

Thoughts.....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Highly advise checking! The whole bulb base is larger diameter than an 886

·
Registered
253 Posts
You are right!! the 886 is not compatable with the H-11 I am gonna buy them elsewhere I am screwed for the $50 as is on the carid.com till further notice. They recognize the 2 are not compatable but they are listed as a replacement for the 886 it is NOT

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for your loss! But at least im not the only one! LOL! I luckily got mine out of a used car at work.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For your sake, I hope. Maybe they could just exchange for the correct ones.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anything in a 88X series. 886 are installed from the factory, but 880,881, etc will all interchange from what I can tell

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yep the correct bulb is 886 but carid.com does not carry the correct led replacement there look up gives the H11 as a replacement and they are incorrect so I ordered the right ones off amazon we will see anyway.��

1 - 12 of 12 Posts