Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, joined awhile back to look into brake issues with my brother's 850xp. Haven't posted yet because of the wealth of information on the site. Owned a magnum 330 then sold it and bought a honda rancher 420 :headache:... Never again. Stuck every ride and then wrecked it after 3 months of owning it. Insurance payed it off. So I did a lot of research and my bro's 850xp is great for the riding and work I do. (pulling cars into an automotive shop when they don't run, and some off-road recovery in heavy snow storm's) I ride powerlines and deep snow as well. But I don't need all that power.

So I bought a 550xp without power steering because it steers as easy as the rancher with the power steer.I really love the AWD instead of 3wd. The ride is very cush. A little stiffer then the 850, but that's still better then the honda.

The reason I went with the honda was for reliability. I had an issue with working on the polaris after every ride. Not little things either but brakes, rear diff, swingarm bearing issues, belt. But I realize that the previous owner's lack of maintenace probably was the main cause.

Decided to go with the polaris because it does everything that I need it to do very well (except wheelies).

That's my story. Lol.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Welcome! I have owned several Hondas, 2 Rubicons, 2 Rincons and several sport units. They XP is by far the best riding quad I have owned both in power and comfort.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts