Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on buying a new scrambler 850 in a couple months and id like to know all the common problems before I buy. How good on gas is it? How does it stack up against the renegade 800. Can it keep up to the 1000's without much trouble?

-Thanks

·
Registered
222 Posts
most common bad problems are rear a-arm mounts, they tend to rip off the frame if you ride agressivly. also if you get a 2013 the timing gear of the crankshaft can slip on the crank and damage the engine.

for gas consumption they are bad, on a good day you can get about 130km on a full tank(20L)

as for how it does against the cam-ams, stock for stock both the 800 and the 1000 accelerate better thand the scrambler until about 80kmh, then the scrambler will start to catch up. with a clutch kit the 850 can be very close to the can am 1000

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
most common bad problems are rear a-arm mounts, they tend to rip off the frame if you ride agressivly. also if you get a 2013 the timing gear of the crankshaft can slip on the crank and damage the engine.

for gas consumption they are bad, on a good day you can get about 130km on a full tank(20L)

as for how it does against the cam-ams, stock for stock both the 800 and the 1000 accelerate better thand the scrambler until about 80kmh, then the scrambler will start to catch up. with a clutch kit the 850 can be very close to the can am 1000
Are they really that hard on fuel? Best I've ever had that I checked was 176KMs on 16L of fuel for my Outlander 1000XT. Those were big logging roads mostly, 50 - 70 KM/H, 2WD, and high range.

·
Registered
222 Posts

Are they really that hard on fuel? Best I've ever had that I checked was 176KMs on 16L of fuel for my Outlander 1000XT. Those were big logging roads mostly, 50 - 70 KM/H, 2WD, and high range.
yes they are that bad on fuel, probably the worst fuel efficient atv

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats not to to bad on fuel but the sportsman 570 im running now gets 160 per tank, tank is 4.5 gal. And i may wait for 2016 to buy because can am just released an 850 so maybe polaris will up the hp. Thanks helped out much

·
Registered
2,339 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
So far I have replaced two front differentials, no broken pinion cover just shredded gears. I had to replace tps sensor and harness. Voltage regulator went bad, water pump leaked and ruined stator. Bushings, wheel bearings, u joints. I have had to fix the throttle stuck code also. I have 128hrs of hard riding with 30" backs and I go deep. I love the scrambler however when I do it again I will most likely not choose another Polaris. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I ride with a guy that has a 13 850 le scrambler and loves it he has changed a couple bushing and wheel bearings but it has been ridden hard put away wet, he loves it they are Not bad on fuel imo he has 5000km on his now and runs like a champ I wouldn't steer away from one myself

·
Registered
222 Posts
for the bushings you can get complet urethane bushings kits for cheap and they are alot better than stock, just remplace them as they go bad

·
Registered
107 Posts
heck i thought it seemed pretty good on fuel. I did 64 miles at Rock Run the other week, all trails, and still had almost half a tank.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the 14, my handlebars rubbed the plastics, I complained and Polaris gave me a new front set. I don't go in real deep mud, but I launched hard into a rutty pit and broke the plastic waffle brace under footpeg. only $24 to replace so I ate that. I jump mine pretty hard and ride fast/hard. regular maintenance and care keeps it nice. I grease often, check electric connections 2x a year, and try to wash it well after muddy rides. my 2nd trail ride ever I rode up the west Canada river in Oklahoma, 8-18" of water for about an hour or 2. I noticed at one point my starter sticking and some other weird stuff going on but I got it out of the water and it went back to normal with no more issues.

my .02 cents

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have a 13 le model and has about 2300 miles on it. Being the first year model I knew there would be issues but iv had only a few issues, tps sensor, exhaust broke, and normal wear items such as brakes, and just now need to replace wheel bearings and bushings. It's been a great machine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought a 2020 scrambler 1000s awesome machine baddest in the game I just hate the brake throttle safety switch wish I could find out how to bypass it on the 2020 my check engine light came on 86 times the dealer said

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought a 2020 scrambler 1000s awesome machine baddest in the game I just hate the brake throttle safety switch wish I could find out how to bypass it on the 2020 my check engine light came on 86 times the dealer said with 50 miles put on it bc I was hitting the brake and the throttle at the same time but I come from a 450r race background so the clutch side I always have a finger on it but the Polaris is extremely sensitive I guess any help would be great

1 - 17 of 17 Posts