Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are on my girlfriends 500, but i cant find on the internet what there for. Must be for some kind of mounting system but what? Anyone know what gets mounted on these?

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's part of the Polaris Lock & Ride system for attaching accessories such as storage boxes, backrests, gun scabbards, etc.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what i thought too, but all the accessories i can find that are lock and ride fit in the holes but i cant find any that have the railings like that.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Did you buy that used? The rails look like they were added on . Perhaps something slid on them from the side and locked on. I would remove them the holes should accomadate the lock and ride systems. Intreasting ....

·
Registered
14 Posts
No need to remove them...the Lock & Ride stuff should work. I have the same system on both of my '06 SP500's and I have a Lock & Ride rear box that mounts just fine.

·
Registered
345 Posts
My 07 and 08 have them also, from factory. Never gave it a second thought. They don't interfere with mounting anything.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya i was never conserned with them interfearing with anything, just wanted to know what they were for, maybe utilize them. Ill have to ask my dealership i guess lol.

·
10,595 Posts
That's just a stock Polaris rack. There's nothing special or mysterious about it. For several years they ALL were made that way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts