Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, i see a thread asking what has been done, so I thought I would ask about future upgrades.

My future mods will include EBS, radial Reptiles, or POSSIBLY Radial Outlaws. And a 2 up seat/storage combo.

After spending Labour Day weekend up North, and riding my friends 04.5 500HO, with EBS & Radial Reptiles, then riding mine, those 2 are a future must.

If I go Radial Outlaws, will want a lift, need a Dalton Clutch kit, And eventually new stronger axles!!

Damn, really love this hobby!! ;)

The weekend fleet...

04.5 500HO, 09 300, and my '12 400HO.

Two examples of the hills we rode, only half way up in both examples.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Clutches, HD springs, EPS and maybe some LED lighting.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hey Will, looks like you shouldn't have any problem finding a good place to hunt.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Will, looks like you shouldn't have any problem finding a good place to hunt.
It would be nice but I don't hunt. I must have negative Che or something, because I saw no wildlife. Shawn saw a black bear, shut it down, we got there, and the bear left.

This was as close as I got. :(

You have some nice hunting down there too. My sister lives in Harrisburg, have travelled there a few times.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I have a short list and shorter time to complete it!!

Heading back up to Maine at the end of the month...

I have new spark plugs, new primary spring, new exhaust pipe... Then I need to change out diff fluid front and rear.

I also picked up a replacement muffler incase my modified muffler dosent do what I want. Ill just bring that with us as its a easy swap should I choose to change it.

CW

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
In no Particular Order

NGK Plugs, Guru Front and rear bumpers (front is on order), fender flares, Rotopax 1.5 Gal can in the front box.

im sure there will be more!

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Current plan is to trade it in for a 570. Than for that it will be full skids, bumpers, 2 up seat, street legal kit, and a custom plow build. Kids will be getting a Rzr170 the next year, and that will get bumpers, lights, and probably plastic skids.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I currently have on order:
triangleatv "stealth snorkels"
rubberdowncustoms radiator relocate kit
EPI clutch

Just got some 27" MegaMayhems, but haven't mounted them yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
bought a 96 400 Xplorer for the wife a couple of weeks back, she's a great runner but needs some TLC. new swingarm bearings/bushings on order to go on as well as new A arm bushings then it will be on with the snowplow ready for winter! have so far fixed a non functioning fan (broken cable), new oil in the hubs and gearbag, new drivechains throughtout and a new 2500lb winch. good fun to work on and good fun to ride!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I will be installing the Moose Trail Blazer trunk with lock and ride hardware from Thor. I already have the trunk and hardware, just gotta get it done.

Aftermarket tires, either Roctanes, bighorns or Terracross.

Bumpers, not sure what I will go with, I am open to suggestions here. I am an impatient rascal, so I will not want to wait for Guru's.

I love the sound of the 850 with exhaust, but I am still on the fence about it.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Stealth snorkel is on the way.
Would like airdam clutching, lift and axles, that prob leads to wanting to run 32s...

·
Registered
8 Posts
My list for this year is kinda short but come spring of next year I have a full list lol.

This year,

Winch, undecided on which one to get,
HD springs.
American Eagle 60" plow.

Winter is coming so almost time to get my 2008 Ski-Doo REV XP 800X ready to get.

Come spring I wanna get some ITP SS212 wheels with Bighorn tires.
Big Gun Exhaust.
EPI clutch kit.
and who knows what else lol.

I just recently picked up a mint condition 04 sportsman 500 with the camo graphics. It only has 1800 miles and so far loving it. has front and rear racks and bumpers. I had a 02 sportsman 400 but sold it after only having it a couple of months it just didn't have the power.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Let's see. Warn front bumper, probably spring spacers on front, storage box for rear, audio tube, QSC clutch kit, 27 or 28 zillas on 12 or 14" sti HD3's (still undecided), probably some led lighting, and some rigid industries duallie lights

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Stealth snorkel is on the way.
Would like airdam clutching, lift and axles, that prob leads to wanting to run 32s...
Where are you getting the stealth snorkel from? I think that is a route I will go too as I like to get wet but not submerge the pod. So let me know how the install goes!!

But my list starts with a QSC Clutch kit then the stealth snorkel, possibly a rear bumper after that, but that is it, maybe in a year or 2 I will up the tire size and get some outlaws or silverbacks, but we have mostly gravel trails so big tires are not really needed most the time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts