Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They can be for your ATV/UTV or accessories you have on your truck for your ATV/UTV like ramps or a backtrack or something.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Accessory

I will have to say my Garmin 62S GPS. Next would be the bag behind my seat. A Walmart $39.95 item.Getting lost here in Texas is not hard to do.So my Garmin keeps me from loosing my direction.The bag mentioned holds tools, propane stove, pots and pans,first aid kit.My home made chain saw carrier is a bonus. Also a Super Winch LT 3000K .Ken

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Winch. skid plates. storage. Bumpers. Hand guards. in that order.

Tires pair up with bumpers. The stock tires will get you from point A to point B so long as you've got a winch to get you un stuck when you do get stuck. better tires just prevent you from getting stuck as often.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Tires and wheels. Nothing changes the look of the quad more. Plus the stock tires on everything SUCK.
Clutch kit next to get back the power lost in those tires.
Good hand grips
Then exhaust.

After that I don't much care really. Just something new to add. Bumper wasn't that big of a deal, it just looks cool

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Tires and wheels. Nothing changes the look of the quad more. Plus the stock tires on everything SUCK.
Good hand grips
Then exhaust.

After that I don't much care really. Just something new to add. Bumper wasn't that big of a deal, it just looks cool
this is more of a "looks" list. where as mine is more of a pragmatic list. Get me where I need to go. without breaking anything. but then again, I'm way more about function than I am form.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Good hand grips
Then exhaust.

this is more of a "looks" list. where as mine is more of a pragmatic list. Get me where I need to go. without breaking anything. but then again, I'm way more about function than I am form.
Ya so it really comes down to the person. Some people need full skidplates and a winch right away. Some dont get that crazy with rocks and just want to improve looks

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Good hand grips
Then exhaust.

Ya so it really comes down to the person. Some people need full skidplates and a winch right away. Some dont get that crazy with rocks and just want to improve looks
agreed, though for me, it's more logs, stumps, and steep soggy creek banks.

Besides, when the Camo is already faded purple when you buy it, there's not much you can add to it to make it look better" besides new plastics. and they costs of new plastics far outweighs the need.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Hand guards, tires and wheels, clutch kit, winch and bumper are my first thing to ever do. Not in that order i guess but those are the first things all always get for my wheeler before i think about other stuff.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The must haves are so you can go and get back. Not only on a Polaris but on anything especially when riding alone.
- Winch
- Tire plug kit w/CO2
- Some type of storage: Bag or hard case with some Zip ties, electrical tape, a piece of wire or two, first aid kit
- Hand guards are a recent favorite of mine, worth every cent even help when riding in extreme cold w/ wind.
- Skids/ CV guards- all depends on riding area
- I am going to add fuel storage can to my new sportsman especially for WV riding Hatfield/McCoy
- Tow Strap especially when riding with others

·
Registered
213 Posts
ATV. Trailer My ruger lc9 and a box of bullets an assortment of tools cellphone charger "cellphone is my gps." Rack extender cuz my 500 came with plastic racks that are useless without them a Winch and tire plug kit with can of slime some rope/webbing. matches and a lighter "yes both" all in that order

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I'd say tires are pretty functional. Not only change the look but change the way the quad handles. For me it's going to be tires and clutch kit, then experiment with intake, exhaust and tuner.

·
Registered
264 Posts
ATV. Trailer My ruger lc9 and a box of bullets an assortment of tools cellphone charger "cellphone is my gps." Rack extender cuz my 500 came with plastic racks that are useless without them a Winch and tire plug kit with can of slime some rope/webbing. matches and a lighter "yes both" all in that order

My boss bought me a Ruger LC9 for x mas. Great gun. Haven't "carried" it yet on the trails, but around the house it feels great on the hip.

Must haves...extra fuel, winch, extra gloves, tire repair kit with pump and the list could go on and on. All depends how far you are heading out into the woods.

·
Registered
140 Posts

I'm with you on this, been thinking about getting an lc9 as well. I carry my Beretta everywhere though.

·
Registered
213 Posts

I'm with you on this, been thinking about getting an lc9 as well. I carry my Beretta everywhere though.
I was going to by the sig p250 but it was 700$ locally and the lc9 is only 350 so for what I wanted it for it works fine for me I can't justify 700 bucks on a gun I'm Guna beat up and ruger make a very dependable handgun.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Tires and wheels for me, those stock tires don't hold up real well, and for those of you talking guns can't go wrong with anything ruger, kinda the Polaris of guns :lmao:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I gotta have a winch, tow rope (never know when the winch cable wont be long enough!), and CV boot guards. I also keep a waterproof dry box somewhere on my ATV that has my phone, truck keys, snake bite kit, mini flashlight, and a pocket knife it. The guards are one of the first things I do to a bike when I get it. I'll replace the tires depending on what comes on it factory. I was going to replace the stock tires on my Sportsman 850 shortly after I bought it, but after a couple of trail rides I decided to keep them because I was impressed with how well they did.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Haha yea didn't mean to hijack the thread but guns are my first accessory for any occasion anything from atving to going to a nice sit down dinner my misses. To many nut jobs out there!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Im going to experiment with a new accessory this year and that accessory is a boat anchor ahhahaha a co worker of mine suggested this to me and this is why, we ride in the same area and there has been times you get stuck in a mud hole and theres not a good spot to hook up your winch that is in range and what my co worker has been using a boat anchor for years now is using a boat anchor to hook up his winch too ( the ground is relatively soft where we ride) hahaha I think its a pretty cool idea I can see it working hahaha

ive always carried an extra 50' of tow strap but instead of walking off into the boonies for a decent tree to hook up to I can walk 10, 20 feet drop a boat anchor sink it into the ground and pull myself out
my old man has an extra anchor so ill give it a whirl during mud season

·
Registered
75 Posts
Winch. Handguards are also really nice especially keeping cold and brush off my hands

1 - 20 of 33 Posts