Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So last night I broke down and went out and bought a new AGM battery for the Sportsman 400. I picked up a "Road Runner" branded "Premium AGM Battery" from my local Mills Fleet Farm (it's a Tractor / Fleet Supply type store). Now my question is..... Will my current battery tender/maintainer work or do I need to purchase a special/different type of charger for this AGM batery? :dunno: I've tried to research this and found mixed results.... so I wanted to "Tap the Brain Trust" here, and get your thoughts and opinions!! :D

Below are links to the battery & charger/tender/maintainer I have....

Battery (ETX15) Link: Road Runner Premium AGM Power Sports Battery - Mills Fleet Farm

Battery Tender/Maintainer Link: Schumacher Battery Companion Charger/Maintainer - Mills Fleet Farm

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
10,647 Posts
The maintainer manufactures state to check with the battery manufacture for the correct charger. I went with a c-tek 3300 and it works fine. Battery Chargers - CTEK Battery Chargers Multi US 3300

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
MustBe that battery looks like to be a Decka ..same numbers as decka...and the way the posts are ..2 ways...but as far as the maintainer i think you would be fine...only batteries i see that are fussy are the Gel batteries...but even most of the newer maintainers will say gel included in the manuals..

·
Registered
721 Posts
I've always used the Battery Tender Jr.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
this your model MustBe.....

Schumacher® SEM-1562A 1.5 AMP Automatic Battery Charger/Maintainer

Processor Controlled Multi-Stage Charging and Maintaining Flooded Lead Acid & AGM Batteries
Desulfation Mode for Restoring Battery Performance
Fully Automatic Operation with LED Indicators for Charging Status
Temperature Compensated Charging
Comes with Battery Clamps and Ring Connectors for Greater Charging Flexibility
Perfect for Motorcycle, Powersport, Marine, Automotive, Truck and Specialty Maintainer Applications
Automatically Detection of 6 or 12V Batteries
Reverse Connection Protection
2 Year Limited Warranty

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this your model MustBe.....

Schumacher® SEM-1562A 1.5 AMP Automatic Battery Charger/Maintainer

Processor Controlled Multi-Stage Charging and Maintaining Flooded Lead Acid & AGM Batteries
Desulfation Mode for Restoring Battery Performance
Fully Automatic Operation with LED Indicators for Charging Status
Temperature Compensated Charging
Comes with Battery Clamps and Ring Connectors for Greater Charging Flexibility
Perfect for Motorcycle, Powersport, Marine, Automotive, Truck and Specialty Maintainer Applications
Automatically Detection of 6 or 12V Batteries
Reverse Connection Protection
2 Year Limited Warranty
Yes, looks to be..... thank you. Google it's a powerful tool! :D

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
your welcome....the brand name and amp output helped alot....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts