Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so on my new 2013 800 Efi I bought a 4 year warranty. What add on cancel it out? Rims and tires? Clutch kit? Exhaust? I'm looking at rims and tires right now just wondering if that or anything else cancels it out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
so on my new 2013 800 Efi I bought a 4 year warranty. What add on cancel it out? Rims and tires? Clutch kit? Exhaust? I'm looking at rims and tires right now just wondering if that or anything else cancels it out.
If you don't go too big on the tires you should be ok. Polaris themselves sold me a 27 inch wheel kit when I bought mine.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
it's also going to depend on who installs it. or if it's an offered accesory through polaris.

If you can buy larger tires/wheels from polaris, you should be fine. Clutch kit would probably kill the warrenty. New axles/way oversized tires, will. some exhaust mods will, snorkling it definately will.

Basically, anything that you change that they can claim exceeds the designed specifications of the machine in direct correlation to the warranty claim will cause the warranty to be null and void. for example, break and axle while driving on oversized tires through mud that goes over the floor boards. Warrenty voided.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Time, lol. I'd talk with Polaris and tell them what you think you going to do and see if it voids the warranty or what voids the warranty? I'd have to agree with Thor, mods kill warranties and from the dealers view point, it's understandable.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Everyone above is on target. Tires and wheels won't void your warranty as long as you stay with a reasonable size. I would definitely clear everything with your dealer first though. I actually had this same dilemma a few months ago. I wanted to do the 3-headlight relay mod but I had just paid to extend the warranty... Didn't want to immediately void it. I emailed them ( so I'd have written proof of the conversation and their recommendation) and I was told that if I choose to modify any part of the machine, I will only void the warranty for that particular area that is modified. So my three headlight mod voids the warranty for the headlight wiring and switch. Not the whole electrical system, just the headlight system... I decided it was worth it.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So for me to put on 27x14 maxxis zillas won't void the warranty?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So for me to put on 27x14 maxxis zillas won't void the warranty?
I put those on mine and the dealer said I have to swap them out if I need any warranty work done!!

2013 850ho
So keep the stock ones and just throw them on before I bring it in...if I need to.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
IT's so weird. The bike is always covered in mud, but the tires are always so clean...

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IT's so weird. The bike is always covered in mud, but the tires are always so clean...
Ha wife rides it that's why the tread is so good.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Anything will void warranty. I had stock size mudlites and they weren't going to replace the clicking axle. That was the day I said piss on the "warranty" and let my build begin

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Anything will void warranty. I had stock size mudlites and they weren't going to replace the clicking axle. That was the day I said piss on the "warranty" and let my build begin
Sounds like you have a dealer that isn't willing to support you. Sorry to hear it. I can't say I blame you for pissing on the warranty if this is the case.

Reactions: Doc8404

·
Registered
294 Posts
If they try to void my warranty after selling me the wheel and tire package and installing it before it ever left the showroom (and before they sold me the extended warranty a few minutes later), there will be an ass kicking right there at the dealership.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
If they try to void my warranty after selling me the wheel and tire package and installing it before it ever left the showroom (and before they sold me the extended warranty a few minutes later), there will be an ass kicking right there at the dealership.
I agree!!!

2013 850ho

1 - 15 of 15 Posts