primary and secondary springs..whats the best bang
for this machine ??
different colors with different tensions..i have 28's;
lift kit;snorkles etc..
let me know..thanks..rob..

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
get a hold of Ridinagain and get yourself a QSC clutch kit. Only a few hundred bucks. Very well reviewed and tested on this site.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
12 850 with 28's is going to get weights and both primary and secondary springs. $239 shipped to the beautiful north land of Canada, In stock and ready to ship. Give me a call 651-707-6706 and we can get your needs met and do a CC over the phone. Or PM me and I can send an invoice via Paypal.

Thanks for the recommendation InRBigness

Ryan

·
Registered
72 Posts
i got mine from Ridinagain, call him, livened my bike right up, got it sent to me using usps, fast s/h and slid through custom's, love it when that happens, better than the brown truck for us...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info guys
i'll be in touch very soon..
gotta run and make some rubles..
cheers..rob

·
Registered
52 Posts
Does Polaris make other springs and weights for the clutches or just aftermarket? Or can you use snowmobile parts?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Does Polaris make other springs and weights for the clutches or just aftermarket? Or can you use snowmobile parts?
Polaris does make different springs/weights but I think there are more options and customization with aftermarket companies like QSC an epi.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Polaris has very limited weight options for the Sportsman XP line as far as the original style. They have a bunch of other styles of weights and different springs that will fit in the clutches, but you will be guessing what to use and what will work. You could spend many hundreds of dollars trying to get it right, and will need a test machine to run against to compare changes. Or even better, a dyno. IMO it's just not worth the time, effort, or $$$$$ when someone else has already done it all for you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ridinagain:
Of course you are correct, but then again, you don't learn much that way.
Does Polaris have a spring chart for the ATV/UTV clutches like is in the snowmobile manuals?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Polaris is all about keeping their OEM stuff a mystery. Like the magic 2w-50 oil. Not 0w or 5w, magic 2w lol. They finally went over to 5w last year.

Their secret belts were discovered last year too. Now you can buy a gates belt for half the price.

One day their spring chart will be discovered ;)

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
If I had a bunch of them, I could test them in the spring tester, but I'm not willing to drop $1500 on springs to make the numbers for everyone else to use. LOL

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hey, ridinagain what do you recommend for a stock 2009 850XP with stock height tires? I would like to get rid of the irritating slack before take off especially in reverse. Any added performance would be a bonus.

·
Registered
52 Posts
And, Ridinagain, you would not be expected too. But a manufacturer would be and I'm sure has. It just has to be found. Someone knows.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Hey, ridinagain what do you recommend for a stock 2009 850XP with stock height tires? I would like to get rid of the irritating slack before take off especially in reverse. Any added performance would be a bonus.

The standard QSC kit for 26" tires will work perfect for you. $239 shipped, in stock and can be in the mail tomorrow morning if you want. Easiest to call me. 651-707-6706

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2013 sp500 I would like a little more low end and not so fast on the top will new springs help this or what do I need to do?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Another +1 from QSC from me. After I added my 27's, I felt a huge loss in my 850. Put installed the qsc clutch, 2000 rpm engagement, and now its a wheelie machine in high.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts