Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
True to Polaris fashion, I just finished removing all the paint off my 02 and 03 scrambler rims with my pressure washer. I already did it years ago to my magnum, now I have two more sets of primer gray rims and a driveway full of silver chips.
Polaris obviously had adhesion problems between the primer and topcoat, it just blows right off like a decal. I can't figure out though why the back sides of the rims seem to be fine but the outsides are terrible.

The paint code on these is -486 (silver), my sportsman's seem close, but yet a different number. Anyone know what that translates to so I can get these repainted?

I've already changed two machines to aluminum rims, but I can't keep buying rims every time I simply want to wash the mud off of them.

Please refrain from suggesting I paint them black. I'm one of the few that can't stand black rims.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
True to Polaris fashion, I just finished removing all the paint off my 02 and 03 scrambler rims with my pressure washer. I already did it years ago to my magnum, now I have two more sets of primer gray rims and a driveway full of silver chips.
Polaris obviously had adhesion problems between the primer and topcoat, it just blows right off like a decal. I can't figure out though why the back sides of the rims seem to be fine but the outsides are terrible.

The paint code on these is -486 (silver), my sportsman's seem close, but yet a different number. Anyone know what that translates to so I can get these repainted?

I've already changed two machines to aluminum rims, but I can't keep buying rims every time I simply want to wash the mud off of them.

Please refrain from suggesting I paint them black. I'm one of the few that can't stand black rims.

Thanks
I am another that hates black rims, or the whole 'black it out' fad!! I would like to paint them silver, or just save and get some SS212.

I am i interested in the shade of silver too.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.