Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
white.i actually wanted a green sportsman but when the transport came in all 10 were red and I was number 2 on a list of 20 people that were getting 500,s in 2010 and it was a week before hunting season so red it was.the animals don't seem to care one way or the other and not one has left a note telling me that moose or deer prefer any particular color so red really isn't to bad.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My initial choice in bike was the 570 EPS, and I had wanted it in the white. I was going to be particular simply because I was buying new, so I wanted to choice of color. I don't hunt, so camo would make me feel like a poser (nothing against hunting, but living in jersey I'm more of a fisherman.) The sage green just doesn't do it for me. Something about the white was really appealing....until I went to the dealer. I checked inventory online at the dealers close by (there are 4 fairly close to me,) and I shot down to the dealer with a white in stock. When I got there, it had already been sold. However, they had a 550 EPS in the Magnetic Metallic - man what a sweet looking bike. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse (we're from jersey after-all.) In my opinion, it's one of the nicest colors they offer, and seems incredibly rare to find. Though all the bikes look cool in my opinion, and they all end up looking better once we add our personal flavor to them - be it though adding a plow, or brush guards and nice lights, to a sweet looking bow rack or rifle case.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
When i bought my 400, blue was the only color I liked. I thought the green was the grossest color I had ever seen. Then after a while it grew on me. Then next thing I knew I liked the sage green best. I also liked the orange and black.

When I bought my 850 I wanted camo but the dealer didn't have one, so my next choice was sage green. And 1 year later I couldn't be happier with it.

I also agree that I am not into the flashy look. I use my machine like it is meant for, and don't have time to wash it after ever ride. So flashy "automotive" style paint and chrome rims are not something I want.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ive had several colors over the years...my top picks:

1) Blue Fire
2) Mossy Oak Camo (older version that didnt turn purple)
3) Red

·
Registered
815 Posts
I got white to match my truck. So far it hasn't stained or anything. It does however rub brown where your knees are from dirt. Requires it to be polished out. I put clear vinyl used on cars to protect it. I also at least rinse everything off my quad after every ride.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have a camo now and the camo is very forgiving as far as hiding trail scratches but it is kind of ugly. If I were to do it again I would get Grey or white.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I really loved my silver on my old le 800, but I m cheap so when it came time to upgrade I took a regular edition that was at a deep discount (magnetic metallic), but if I had to choose I would do orange or maybe white... don't hate the yellow, but that is primarily what the competition sells, so I will steer clear, lol...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via tapatalk

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Haha lots of good answers so far. I have to say I have never seen a magnetic metallic quad before, is it painted or it the plastic actually metallic like if you got a scratch or cracked it there would be sparkles inside? Just wondering because I wouldn't want to get a big scuff and see white plastic underneath.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'd love a matte black. Love the stealth look. I plan on painting my plastics matte black this summer. I just love the look. And with front and rear bags in real tree ap, is an added bonus

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got red because that is what the local dealer had. It is OK but if I had a choice it would be orange 1st followed by stealth black.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I bought camo so when I'm out in the yard with it my wife can't see me.

I'm over 50 years old and my 26 year old son thinks its awesome his dad got one in camo which is his favorite.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I like camo and stealth black. I bought the 500 stealth black off my dad because he got a sportsman 570 in camo

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Camo baby!!!!!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
If I was single it would have been camo, but I am married, and happily I might add, so the color is sage green. Might have taken a long look at the stealth too if they had had that color for my 570. Color is really secondary to a quality machine I can depend on.:wavey:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I got the Sunset Red and really Like it but the Stealth Black or the White would be cool
not crazy about the dye'd plastic colors or the camo (my 500 is camo never really cared for it)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts