Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to breathe some life back into this forum, beyond helping people fix problems.

Post what you did with your XP 1000 today - pics for proof!

Today I installed my upgraded pinion plate from Twisted Metal. Also installed a plow and tried plowing the driveway for the first time. SUPER impressed with how well it works - it scrapes right to the pavement.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Installed a set of super stealthy reverse lights this week. Wired them to a latching button on my headlight pod. Also put a few winter miles on - we had some rain earlier this weekend and everything is froze up pretty solid. LOVE my LED headlights.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Installed a set of super stealthy reverse lights this week. Wired them to a latching button on my headlight pod. Also put a few winter miles on - we had some rain earlier this weekend and everything is froze up pretty solid. LOVE my LED headlights.
Do you have the part# for the headlights you are using?

They throw good light?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have the part# for the headlights you are using?
They throw good light?
They work great! I'm using 894 LED bulbs - I had to trim them a tiny bit to get them to fit, but otherwise they work great. One thing to mention is they're open in the back for airflow, so I siliconed the inside to prevent any dirt or water from getting into my headlight housing. Here's a link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Kit-C6-72W-894-6000K-White-Two-Bulbs-Fog-Light-Upgrade-Replacement-Plug-Play/162902324013?hash=item25edbc332d:g:86sAAOSwDsZcQth2:rk:14:pf:0

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wanted to add some light to the front of my bike. I found that with the lights off, you couldn't really tell the bike was running, so I added a couple of red markers. They're flush mount and I honed out two of the clips that hold the grille on, so they're subtle and not super ricey looking.

Cost me $3.00 for the lights, pretty happy with the result.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Last week I've got bushings changed up front, and being there frame braces added. no pics though. need to find some time to do back ones... also last time plowing I bent a plow. lol. how come.? uneven sidewalk... on time I were making a turn, I did catch it with an edge of the plow, the way it didn't fold on springs... well. 10lbs hummer and 20ton press fixed stuff a little...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts