Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you carry in your onboard tool kit. trying to put one together what are the standard item sizes i.e changing belts etc..TIA

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just basically need like socket sizes for tires and as well as whatever I might need to repair...bump

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am lucky that my 13 550 has a deep box on the front. I carry an assortment of wrenches and sockets that will fit most of the minor repair items, wheels ,belt, plastics removal. I carry a small car jack, tire slim, tire repair plug kit, first aid kit, flashlight, lighter, rain gear, shop rags, toilet paper, tow rope, maps, bungee cords, and a small air compressor. All in my box is full and weighs about 40 lbs. Works great for hill climbing with the extra weight on the front to keep her down.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
We ride long distances, most all the time many many hours from civilization. I would not bring or need most of my list otherwise. ;)

I have streamlined my tool kit a lot. Now its specialized to the machine rather than a lot of general tools. Torx in the three needed sizes. Sockets for small nuts, med nuts a slug nuts. I do carry a small set of wrenches that cover every single size nut from 8mm- 18 AND 5/16-3/4" SAME WRENCHES.Then a good pair of vice grips and a set of wire fence plyers, tire spoons, tire plug tools, screw driver torx, med breaker bar for lug nuts a folding saw, Machete, couple knives, axe, sharpening puck and a firearm.

Non tools, I carry extra fuel, a roll of TP (in four separate vac sealed bags), good first aide kit, (with a couple quick clot bags), a compass, GPS, two flash lights, spare batteries, camera, small binoculars, extra ammo, vulcanizing tire patch, vulcanizing tire plugs, reg tire plugs, small pump, small tarp, a couple emergency blankets, expandable wash/wipes, a few single packaged baby wipes, dry gloves/bandanas/goggles, sweat shirt and socks in a vaccume sealed bag, water proof matches, Benadryl/aspirin, bottled water, energy bars, garbage bag, couple diff sized zip loc bags, a cable lock and couple pad locks.

May seem like a lot, but most all fits easily in front box. Some larger items in rear box. Real large item like axe is on top of front box. I like to use my vac food sealer for bulkier items that need to remain dry and compacted to save space. I try to be prepared.

CW

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info Guys!:You_Rock_Emoticon:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts