Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ya I just ordered a Motobatt AGM battery. Should be better than the factory battery. Any idea what AMP you jump kit is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've had less then stellar reviews on the Motobatt batteries Ive used on my streetbikes. Hopefully for you,they work better on an ATV application.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Using a car booster charger on any size battery will shorten the life of it. Slow charge is always best to maintain the life of a battery.
Absolutely

And fully charging a discharged battery before use is also best rather than trying to lean on the stator to try to charge a low battery.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ya I just ordered a Motobatt AGM battery. Should be better than the factory battery. Any idea what AMP you jump kit is?

I've had less then stellar reviews on the Motobatt batteries Ive used on my streetbikes. Hopefully for you,they work better on an ATV application.

If it's better than the factory, I'll be happy. I like the 4 terminals. It's easier to jump it from the right side of the 570 if I need to.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
I bought a Stanley Lithium Ion booster last week. I haven't started my ATV since January and knew the battery was dead. Plugged this sucker in for 30 minutes to fully charge, took it out in the garage and in 30 seconds, the ATV came to life. I've made it part of my Emergency kit. Whether it hurts the OEM battery or not, I'm not getting stuck in the middle of a frozen lake at -10°, 2 miles from the closest boat landing.

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
I bought a Stanley Lithium Ion booster last week.
Don't leave that sucker out in the cold. That's the bad thing about lithium bats. Learned the expensive way, myself.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have a mini booster - but the battery tender has been good for me I got 7 years out of my first battery.

·
Registered
270 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Carry one of these in your quad.... (many brands to chose from) You will laugh every time you jump someone from one ! they work unreal. I carry one in my quad,my truck and my hotrod...

18000mAh Dual USB Car Jump Starter Emergency Charger Booster Power Bank Battery | eBay
The link don't seem to work anymore. Can you give a description so I can see what you guys are using? Went out to plow and found my ATV to be dead. While in a Car Port, it is exposed to wind, and I think that is why it won't crank enough to start.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I have Schumacher SJ1331 and XP750W jump packs. The 750 had longer cables and smaller clamps than the 1331, but I installed longer cables on the 1331 and changed the clamps on both to smaller more friendly powersports battery terminal size clamps. The SJ1331 can be purchased at Home Depot, Walmart and other retailers for about $80 or $90. The XP750 is no longer available, but other makes and models from other manufacturers are readily available. It doesn't make much difference what you get as long as it does the job and you are satisfied with your purchase.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Haven't had to use it yet for the ATV but I have a NOCO Genius Boost GB70 I would use. Battery is easy to access also with Quad Logic Battery Relocation Kit.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts