Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about lifting my Sportsman 500Ho with a 4 inch inch lift kit..and topping it off with some 26 inch Mudlites...i don't want to reclutch it because of heavier tires so i'm staying with mudlites,But my question is what about axles...? will i have to get longer ones, i know lifting puts more stress on the axles, but i don't want to replace axles....or should i just lift it 2 inches instead....MUDDIE49:feedback:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
My vote is for the 2inch. I think the 4 inch would look to tall with only 26s
plus if your keeping the stock rims your side stability is gettin in question.
:schaem:

·
Registered
563 Posts
I 2nd the 2" lift.4" is a bit too much and you may need axles and extended a-arms to get the stability that you need if you ride trails.The 26's will look like the little space saver spare tires on some cars with a 4" lift.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What lift kit or just go with front and rear stiffer springs?

Now if i replace the springs instead...should i replace both front and rear springs...???Cause its no problem doing that...and if i were to use the 2 inch lift kit what kit would you recommend....cause i'm hearing horror stories about lift kits....And i'm thinking about putting 26 inch tires and SS wheels on it..I have25x8-12 on the front and 25x11-12 on the rear what ,i may go up to 26x9-14 on the front and 26x12-14 on the rear....with ITP SS wheels...MUDDIE:fingersx:

·
Registered
174 Posts
well this is what I did for my 06 800 I installed a 2'' lift front and back, helped enought to fit 28'' tires, but still sagged pretty good, so I bought the adjustable front spacers where you can stiffen up the front springs, that made the front end just right, but no matter what I did I could not hold the back end up, especially with a passenger, it was allways sagging so i just bought some EPI heave duty 140lb springs about 100 bucks for 2 and put those in the back, now it stays right up there. and seems to ride better on the trails. dont be scared to install a lift kit,it's easy.

how it look with that set up and 28'' tires

just make sure your balljoints are in good shape lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts