Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen the latest vid's on the 2014 ACE on Polaris and youtube. Did they fill a niche or what. To have a cross between a Sportsman and a Razor!!!, WHAT THE F**K!! WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!! It's kind of early but... I think the rest will follow. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I think an ATV is a more useful single seater. Benefit of the RZR is the roll cage and seat belt. I hear the ace only has a 300 something CC engine.

I feel my X2 has more storage than my 2 seat RZR. If I shoot a hog when using my X2, hog goes in the back, gear goes on the front box. Shoot a hog in the RZR, hog goes in the back...gear goes ???????

Sean

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think they are putting the concept out there to attract more women and novices to the sport. I think this vehicle will be successful and bigger engines will eventually follow. As for the other manufacturers... they will follow, you just watch!!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I like it, when its time for the wife a new quad we will be checking it out...whatever she feels more confident on/in is the way we'll go.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I like the concept but the engine will have to grow some to attract me. Anyone no how wide it is?

·
Registered
548 Posts
I believe it's 48" wide. I think it's a good idea. Put the 570 motor in it and that would be the best motor for it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
862 Posts
Who cares if it was 50cc, its still putting out 30+ hp which is the same as the 500ho that has sold just a few. As long as its durability is the same as the 500 it should be a hit, reviewers say that the power is extremely smooth and it has some top end snap. Its being marketed to people who are new to atvs or may be a bit intimidated by them so the focus isnt all out power. Hopefully its a hit and we will see higher power modle next year.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think it's a genius idea from Polaris. I personally wouldn't want one because there is not enough power to get my heart pumping; however, my wife will absolutely not ride a quad, she would probably drive this.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Why does nobody ever talk about torque?It may have the same HP as the 500 but how does the torque compare?
That's where a cvt clutch system of omes in, they operate in the peak torque range making the most of it. if snowmobiles had standard gearboxes they wouldn't move because of how they perform.

·
Registered
92 Posts
To me it looks like a supped up go-cart on an atv frame... All i know is people roll atvs all the time going up hills, atleast you can jump off an atv. I bet people are going to get seriously hurt being trapt in what i call "the Death trap"

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
To me it looks like a supped up go-cart on an atv frame... All i know is people roll atvs all the time going up hills, atleast you can jump off an atv. I bet people are going to get seriously hurt being trapt in what i call "the Death trap"
Ummm? Have u seen rzr roll? There generally ok as long as the r properly dressed in gear with belts on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
No, but i have seen several atvs which is what the ACE is sitting on, the traditional side-by-sides they have a longer frame from front to back which makes it more stable. I'm simply pointing out what i see as an issue for novice riders that will be attracted to the ACE.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I don't know the specs for hp and torque, but it has a top speed of 45mph, which wouldn't work for me unless it puts out a ton of torque and is just geared low, which I doubt.

It is 48" wide, which is about 1.5" wider than my Grizzly 700. So it will be OK for most ATV trails, but there are a couple of steel bridges with railings that my Grizzly scrapes both sides across. This thing won't fit. I think it's a chicken-shit thing Polaris is doing by not posting the width in the specs on the website. But Google is my friend.

I agree that it is probably targeted at women and children, which is a smart thing for Polaris to do.

I don't want one, but I think it's a good concept. The roll cage, when used in conjunction with helmet and harness, which women will be keen on, should do a great job of protecting the rider in a roll.

·
Registered
426 Posts
When you jump off an ATV, your momentum is making you go in the direction the machine is rolling. That means it's very likely that it's going to roll over on top of you. It's much safer to be inside a roll cage because it prevents you from being crushed and seriously injured or killed.

The one and only time I rolled an ATV, that's exactly what happened. It ended up on top of me. Luckily I wasn't injured.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

·
Registered
377 Posts
When you jump off an ATV, chances are you're jumping in the direction the machine is rolling. That means it's very likely that it's going to roll over on top of you. It's much safer to be inside a roll cage because it prevents you from being crushed and seriously injured or killed.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
This is an entire conversation/argument all its own, which has been discussed many times and probably doesn't need to be re-hashed here. The bottom line is it all depends on the circumstances of the accident, and different people have different preferences, and that is why we have such variety in off-road vehicles to choose from.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I still feel this is a great idea for men and women new to the sport and folks who have had issues with there health. It will get people out there to enjoy what we do. I broke my back and having another surgery tomorrow for it. If I have to I will get one of these because I love the outdoors!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just to clarify, I didn't mean that it was not for men. Just that it was probably primarily targeted at women. If there are men who feel that this fits their needs, [I was going to say "more power to them" here but I guess that's not really the case. :)] then Bob's your uncle.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I agree cagecam I can see a value to these for older folks and those with some type of disability. I think they look like they might be fun.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts