Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 polars sportsman 400, I was just woundering what the following code means P9EArn ? It's under the speedometer.

THANKS!!!!!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
are you sure it's a code and not the hrs or mileage? maybe a couple spots on the LCD are broken?

I don't think 02 400s and 500s show codes... you should just press the little button next to it and it will switch between hrs, odometer, tripometer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The needle doesnt work, never did since i bought it, I cant tell how fast the bike goes, maybe the whole speedometer is broken!!!!

not sure how to fix it

thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
to fix the needle you most likely just need a new hall effect sensor which bolts to the front right brake caliper. Or the wires going to it have snapped, or the rotor is REALLY dirty.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Try to down load on line a error code basis or have the manufacturer solve it.
polaris does not have and error code P9EArn.

pretty sure he has the same speedo that's on my machine (2002 500HO) and it has never thrown a code at me for the very numerous problems I have been through with it.

the speedo has an 8 digit (i think) LCD screen very much like a calculator: 88888888. may only be 6 now that I think about it. only letters it makes are an O for odometer, T for tripometer, and H for hours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts