Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my axles and now my EPS is acting intermittent and showing codes can anyone help me plz
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
did you have to take apart any of the stearing to change out the axles? possibly bump a plug or something during the process?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I didn't have to take any wiring apart, I just tried checking all the plugs I could reach so I will try it again and see, just doesn't make any sense :werd:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thought I had it fixed, drove it around for 10 min and doing the same thing, turn the bike off and start it back up and it is good for a bit

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
any possibility that those larger=heavier axles are causing the EPS to have to work harder and it's now overheating?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any possibility that those larger=heavier axles are causing the EPS to have to work harder and it's now overheating?
Not to sure but it didn't do it before I changed the axles, I gave it a good wash before I changed the axles so maybe moisture got in a connection. Just seems strange changing the axles shouldn't do it

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I wouldn't think so either. but that doesn't mean it's not possible. I would pull the plugs apart to verify how dry they are.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wouldn't think so either. but that doesn't mean it's not possible. I would pull the plugs apart to verify how dry they are.
Yes I will do that when I get home where I can raise it up to get at it easier. Thanks for throwing around ideas, much appreciated

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Unplug all of the connectors going to your eps and apply dielectric grease. Mine would do the same thing every time I washed it. After I applied the grease its all good.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well it turned out to be my voltage regulator putting out over 18volts when reved up making the eps shutdown, that must be what the OV17 meant over voltage

1 - 11 of 11 Posts