Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2007 Sportsman 500 EFI deluxe. and there's a switch on the dash that I have no idea what it does??? It's the second one down from the top
1st-rear work light
2nd-???
3rd-hot grips

Any help would be great. I talked to the old owner and he thought it was for ADC?? i know i have ADC as I have the yellow capped resivoir in the front compartment. I just dont think there woulod be a switch on the dash for that

Attachments

·
Registered
993 Posts
Does it have a thumb warmer too? Not sure that, that old of a machine had ADC if it did I would think it would be on the 4x4 switch like the new ones. If nothing else take the top of the pod off and see where the wires go.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Could have been a factory blank for a winch solenoid or a accessory switch to add more lights maybe. I'd crack it open a little and check for wires.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would guess thumb warmer, but I'd just open it up and trace the wires :)

Cheers,
Lesn8r

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did open it up and haven't traced the wires yet but def. looks factory the way the hole was cut and it has wire loom around the wires. Switch does nothing from what I can tell. hand warmers and rear lights work fine. guess I need to trace the wires and see where they go.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Doesn't have aux lights on the front or anything does it? Looks like it could have been a switch for extra aux lighting. I know polaris had a factory accessory kit for it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
good point, the switch may just go to a spade connector in the harness for an accessory.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
OH, OH I know!!!! That is the switch that turns on the DI-Lythium Crystals in the hyper drive that makes the Polaris run like a scalded cat. You can turn them on only after screaming at the head light pod in an adequate Scottish accent that "DiLithium crystals are at their max, I am giving her all she has got Captain".

Your welcome. :)

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Does that machine have "Turf Mode" (rear diff lock / unlock)? It may be for that? :dunno"

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I traced the wiring and it goes to the front axle Guessing its for the active descent control I believe 07 was the first year for this option

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On my uncles 500 EFI it is for the ADC. On newer models Polaris moved it to the 4wd switch.

Well at least it's not just mine then. Guessing being a first model year for that they just put it on the dash. Looks like mine is the Deluxe model which came with ADC and factory install winch

1 - 14 of 14 Posts