Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys
There is alot of new Atvers outthere self included that seem to be ill prepared when riding. I'm starting to become savey to my own mistakes as well as others. (Ie like finding guys stuck that don't have no winch or tow rope) I was hoping some of the more experinced riders would be willing to list what kit they pack when riding.

1. cell phone
2. tow rope
3. first aid kit
4. spare clutch belt to be added (learned the hard way)
5. tool kit

·
Registered
667 Posts
tow rope
cell phone
small tool kit
tire kit and 12 air compressor
duct tape and zip ties
small hachett and first aid kit
saftey glasses and extra gloves
water bottle and a little food
small binoculars
smith&wesson 44 mag for 2 and 4 legged critters who have a bad attitude.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
some of this stuff depends on temp(espically if you get stuck out at night) clearly if your going to be riding local in a very fimiliar place not all of this stuff is needed. remote, unknown places you might want to be more prepared. dont have to carry all of this stuff at one time, just a list to give you some ideas. and clearly the most important thing is if you are going riding for the day, weekend, or whole week, make sure somebody knows where you are going, and when you will be back by, and to call for help if they havent heard from you by such and such day.

tow rope
tire plug kit
compressed air in can or air compressor
spare belt
2 min spare spark plugs
spark plug wrench
thermo blanket
high calorie high carb food like candy bars
water
water-proof matches
first-aid kit
whistle
hand crank no-battery flashlights
GPS
spare engine oil
spare headlight bulbs
zip ties
duct tape
small firearm
utility knife

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
snw629 and blueline got just about everthing . And like blueline said its relative to were your at and how long your going for. With what they said i would add a small shovel and rain gear I prefer a head band light in case you break down by yourself at nite its easier to work with two hands. If its a trip I know is going to be long or a new trail im forging I carry a small chain saw. ( alot of trees in northren Wisconsin) I also carry a small 1 ton comelong in case my winch fails or dies. This usally happens when your stuck and are useing it !

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
chopper, i was thinking when you said shovel, a good one to carry would be one of those little shovels that have the saw blade inside the handle. they are mainly meant for snowmobilers but whould give you a saw blade if you need it. you got me thinking

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Thats a good idea I saw those on a site I might just steal that idea. It was a folding one also. make more room in my cargo box. :kopfkratz:

·
Registered
238 Posts
You guys all have a good list of items to bring along for a trip but there's one item all of you left out that I would never leave, without, on a trip. My trusty Compass!

·
Registered
667 Posts
forgot to put my compass and gps on my list. i do carry a small shovel in winter if the snow is deep.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Riding in Alaska I agree with SNW and Blueline. But I carry a LONG tow rope as our bogs and swamps are large. I learned long ago that we ALWAYS keep one ATV on firm ground before the others try a bog or swamp. Then once thru keep one on firm ground on the other side as the last one comes across. I refuse to ride alone. Alaska is not kind to stupid.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Add a map too especially if you don't have a GPS.
We have some private forests that require you carry a Fire Extinguisher.
Thanks for the question and the sharing of ideas!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
tow rope
tree saver
cell phone
small tool kit
tire kit and 12 air compressor
zip ties
first aid kit
gloves
snacks