Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so we've all had interactions with companies that have turned us off from those companies forever. Be it inferior product, bad customer service, or dishonorable business practices. So, WITHOUT NAMING NAMES! Lets here some of the horror stories.

I think it's fair to say the industry, and the type of product, but lets keep brand names and employee names out of it.

If someone wants to ask specifically, they can PM the poster for more information. This isn't meant to be a slander thread, just a venting one.

For example. I won't buy from a certain local tire retailer because they over tightened Lug nuts on a family member's vehicle and 4 of the 5 studs on a wheel sheared off going down the road.

That is a tame example. I want to hear the real horror stories.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well, my 1 1/2 week old dishwasher sprung a leak. The tub has a split on the seam. The big box store where I purchased it from won't except appliances back saying its the manufactures problem. Of course, the manufacturer only does service calls during the week so I had to waste 1/2 vacation day in January just to have the tech tell me yup, its faulty and needs to be replaced. Needless to say the little woman is less than impressed with her $600.00 under counter drying rack. At least it gave me time to wash the salt crust off my truck since it was in the 40's here yesterday.....yay...........what a great vacation 1/2 day >;-((

·
Registered
7,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is the manufacture not replacing it?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I had an issue with a company and a plow eye loop. It bent, I could have replaced it myself. But I saw where they had redesigned the part, and changed the eyelet. When I called said company's customer service, they swore up and down they had never heard of that issue. When I found the issues that were brought up on a forum, like three years earlier. I finally made some progress. The company's owner hangs out on a forum. I pointed him to the thread how here he admitted there was a problem, I got a new pushbar assy sent out. So was there a dishonesty issue on the vendor's part? Who knows, but they sure jumped through hoops when the issue was slapped in their face.

Rather also have this habit of squeezing in a sales pitch in every comment made on the forum. That more than anything has turned me off. I absolutely despise soliciting.......drives me flat out bonkers.

·
Registered
7,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Soliciting/pitching in every thread may or may not have had everything to do with this thread starting...

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Well........had an opportunity to replace my Polaris 2500 winch with any brand.
Nothing wrong with the winch, just sounded more like a. Cement mixer than a winch.
Replaced it with a Warn 2500/S ProVantage. Holy shiOt,....the difference in sound!
Any rate, I have a "highly solicited brand" winch on my FJ, it sounds like shiOt as well.
It WILL be replaced this spring.

·
Registered
245 Posts
What got me turned off.....I purchased an motorized vehicle for a high amount of money. The vehicle was the companies top of line, and came highly rated. After the first initial drive I found out it came with a really bright light underneath. I thought well that's really cool.... OH CRAP that's my muffler! Called vehicle dealer, which called vehicle manufacture......"its totally normal " no charge for the extra light. That turned me off to the manufacture.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
^^ lol .

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Over the years there has been many brands or establishments that I have turned my business or money away from.... and after a waiting period of a few 1 to 2 or even 3-5+ years, I've tried them again with great success.

So the moral of my story.... sometimes things don't always work well or go as planned. But, it's in how that company and you "together" (mainly with how your attitude towards the issue, product and business is... if it's poor, you will indeed have poor results) go about solving the issue!!! And from what I have seen (here), this is indeed been the case in my opinion. If you drag me out in front of a firing squad.... you aren't working to solve the situation, only add fuel to the fire!!

As, for any "backstabbing" I've seen from product "likeness -or- similarities".... part of that also has to fall back on the individual that didn't patent their product!

Now, for what some call "solicitation".... I view as these vendors paying to have a "slot" (as they do).... and they pay so we don't have too. Kuddo's to "supporting members" for stepping up to help something they enjoy or believe in.... but together they keep this place (website), the servers they operate on, the staff and their network going!! So us "[email protected] free loader" can have a site packed full of useful information. So if there is a wolf in sheep's clothing among us... eventually they will be flushed out and ran off (in one form or another, in the terms of poor product), but I don't really feel that's the case - just a gut feeling. :dunno:

Shame on you.....

Now, should that last statement bother you.... it only means you have a guilty conscience in the matter! :D

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I hear what you're saying ^^^.

I do not agree with it all though. When an issues is brought up to a company's customer service department and is basically told they do not know of the issue, that is a major issue. When that issue is brought up to the company owner, the same guy that throws in a sales pitch with every post, and he states there is not problem, I see THAT as a problem.

So by "dragging him in front of a firing squad" was the only course of action. Funny how bringing the issue out in the public produced a 180 degree change in customer service direction. This "unknown issue" actually had brought a dpredesign of the part in question.

Forgot to mention, the fact that "made in America" is touted but the push bar assembly had MADE IN CHINA clearly marked on the box.

Used car salesman tactics do nothing but turn me off to a product.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Fair enough. I hear ya, and can't disagree with you..... :sad2:

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
And yes......you guilted me into doing something I had meant to do for a long time. Coughed up the funds for supporting membership

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
And yes......you guilted me into doing something I had meant to do for a long time. Coughed up the funds for supporting membership
Hehehe.... Good for you!

However, I can't brag myself. My "supporting member" tag came from an ATV of the Month winning. I can say though, that prior to that I did try to "anti-up" and become a supporting member, but the only payment type that is taken was "PayPal".... of which I do not do unfortunately. Mainly cause I don't like my account information sped all over in everyone's "secure" databases, ripe for the picking!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
A place to vent! Thank you, recently I have been wrestling with personal demons in a new position with a very well known name in a motorized vehicle market. They pride themselves in being American made yet they are spiraling down to such poor standards that even employees that have been employed for decades will no longer purchase nor endorse this companies products.

I agree with customer service and how the consumer approaches a problem can split the difference between a good experience and a hellish one.

Personally if I have a problem with a product I put my lab coat on and provide concise, non-opinionated factual data explaining the problem. This approach usually indicates a consumer who honestly has an issue and isn't stomping their feet looking to get something for nothing - which is a growing problem.

Recently this happened with a company, I provided detailed information. They were professional, courteous and prompt with 'making things right'. I love them.

In the spirit of 'bad things happening to good people' from sub-par consumables I offer a shameless quote from a thread that was recently posted that indicates other problems:

" . . .
Manufacturing in this country is on a slippery slope that is more focused on "profits for the shareholders" instead of making a quality product that is reliable.

Lean manufacturing has revealed that in some areas it is more profitable to send out crap, and then have to replace it then to do the job right the first time. This mentality does not go unnoticed by the hourly people and the loose there passion for their craft, everything starts to slide south as they are pushed to increase volume while jeoprodizing quality/ product integrity.

Salaried positions are easy to remove and then dole out the tasks for others to absorb, then the unnecessary items should be filtered out. But what truly happens is that multi-tasking turns into multi-distracting and again proficiency is lost, attitudes get shattered as any form of fulfillment in doing one's job to a satisfactory level of proficiency (yeah, it's a key word) is lost.

Sure you can argue that the company pays you to do as you are instructed and that should be fulfilling enough; just shut up and do as you are told. Well go ahead and walk into the back door of any major manufacturer in the USA and talk to the people who have been there for more than a decade and ask them what has changed recently. Then go to the middle management area and ask them. End up in the front at the guy/ girl in the corner office, then if you can, find the CEO and see if they will tell you how much profit they make on personal stock options.

Fact: somewhere in the not so distant past Capitalism has turned into Corruptionism, we are a country led by large corporations that are driven by greed, not by Made in the USA pride in craftsmanship. We should be very afraid as to what lies ahead, the machine is broken and the fix won't come until there is a catastrophic failure.

(/dismounts_soapbox)"

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Well stated Sir.

We are a Nation of consumers not makers. It is very sad that we are in the position we are in. If we were to try to fight a war like WWII, we would surely have a very difficult time at it.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I've got no issues with a supporting vendor responding to threads about their own products.

What I do have an issue with is vendors going into a thread that wasn't about their product, that was posted by a member/customer about a product they purchased and were very satisfied with and just wanted to share that with the rest of the forum and poo poos that product, blatantly calls out members, Gets information deleted from the thread out of posts that weren't even their posts, and eventually gets the whole thread deleted. Then when I personally emailed the company. The response I got was completely blowing off the complaint.(See below) Just going to show that just because they may be a supporting vendor, doesn't mean they should get any of your money.

"We've had complaints like this before and have always asked for some examples of the offending posts. So far no one has sent us anything we deemed offensive or the least bit out of line. At this point we are chalking it up to some out there having some sort of vendetta against him. Hey at the very least give him a little credit for making your forum a little more interesting!!

Regards,

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 30, 2016, at 10:24 AM, wrote:
I just thought I’d bring it to your attention that someone representing your company by the user name (username redacted) is doing you a disservice and putting a bad taste in the mouths of forum members by the nature of his posts.

I know I’m no longer looking to your business for products I might need because of his behavior, tactics, and candor.

Lol the guy making the posts probably own the company. And he is the one responding to your complaints. Some times posts on forums are taken out of context and blown way out of proportion. We have to remember this is the Internet.

·
Registered
7,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can assure you that they are not the same person, nor is the poster the owner. but that's besides the point. They won't get my money, and that is that.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
What got me turned off.....I purchased an motorized vehicle for a high amount of money. The vehicle was the companies top of line, and came highly rated. After the first initial drive I found out it came with a really bright light underneath. I thought well that's really cool.... OH CRAP that's my muffler! Called vehicle dealer, which called vehicle manufacture......"its totally normal " no charge for the extra light. That turned me off to the manufacture.
that's funny.... i have experienced this very same situation.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I can assure you that they are not the same person, nor is the poster the owner. but that's besides the point. They won't get my money, and that is that.
I do believe many know exactly whom we are speaking of..........I feel the same was about a company.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts