Polaris ATV Forum banner

What grade of gas do you run in your ATV?

Votes: 161 46.3%

Votes: 32 9.2%

Votes: 79 22.7%
  • 91+

Votes: 76 21.8%

• Total voters
141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
87 Octane pump gas. I use a slash of Sta-bil.
I can get 87 non-ethanol. But is it a 40 mile round trip.
The Harley gets 93 octane. I made the mistake of putting a lower octane in it ONCE! Boy, was she pissed off.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
Do modern engine builders/companies do anything special to combat the ill affects of ethanol? I can see engines made years ago having issues but I would hope that engineers now a days know almost all gas has ethanol in it and design their engines to work with it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Non Ethanol in the ATV and all my Stihl Equipment and generators.

·
Registered
630 Posts
VP mostly C-12 if it is not available C-10 in all my quads, usually left over from boat racing, if none available I run 92 with stabil 360.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I run 89 Ethanol Free with Fuel Stabilizer.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
91 octane. Only octane here with no ethanol.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,021 Posts
Do modern engine builders/companies do anything special to combat the ill affects of ethanol? I can see engines made years ago having issues but I would hope that engineers now a days know almost all gas has ethanol in it and design their engines to work with it.
You have nothing to worry about with today's modern engines burning ethanol. As long as they are restricted to a 10% blend or less, everything is fine. A lot of guys here spend a lot of extra money to buy ethanol free gas, but it's money being spent for no reason. It hurts nothing, and your engine runs just as well with the 10% ethanol blended gas. It's never going away, so folks just need to accept and understand, and quit making all the snake oil companies so rich.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I run the 91+ Non Ethanol whenever I can, I have run 87 where I have needed too, yes maybe a little bit more snap, but overall, it runs a lot smoother on 91+. IMHO

I will stay with my 91+ with the higher compression engines, its a lot nicer to it, NO KNOCK, over time that can be very hard on an engine.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Buddy just picked up 20 gallons 92 non ethanol for me from north Carolina.. WOOT WOOT..

141 - 153 of 153 Posts