Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 744 Posts

·
Administrator
898 Posts

Reassembled the piping for snorkels in the engine compartment. Installed bedlinered snorkels. Will finish assembly of machine Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like that storage with the way you have thise extra fuel containers mounted.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

Reassembled the piping for snorkels in the engine compartment. Installed bedlinered snorkels. Will finish assembly of machine Tuesday.

I like that storage with the way you have thise extra fuel containers mounted.

Thanks. The box is a $30 SUV storage box from Farm and Fleet. Hold it closed with a $2 bungee. The boxes for fuel cans are some 16 gauge stainless steel brake metal scrap from a commercial kitchen job we did. I hold the cans in with a ratchet strap mounted to the stainless box. I have probably a day of layout and TIG welding in the project and $50 total for hardware, box, and fuel cans. The cans are 2 gallon each.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
^^^^ I went ahead and finished snorkel install. It runs fine pinning the throttle in the garage. Have to see how it goes on the trail. Don't feel like cleaning up garage to pull machine out today.

·
Registered
348 Posts
That would seriously drive me nuts. What is the problem from left side to right side that causes that?
Left side is mounted on top of the brake master cylinder bracket.

Right side is mounted on the bottom side of the 2X4/4X4/throttle box. If it's mild steel, you might be able to put a bend in the arm.

Another alternative is to cut the tab off and weld it back on pointing up. Take a bunch of measurements first. It might raise the right side too much.

Here's a shot of the winch switch bracket on the bottom of the brake master cylinder.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Swapped out my high beam 6K for a 5K to better match my led low beams.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
151 Posts
gse slip on

I added a gse slip on, last week. Its the performance one in black. Sorry
no video or pics yet, but only took a short ride after install. Wow was I
surprised when after the install I hit the gas and it stood up on me.
I'll get some pics and video up soon, but soon after i rode it, had to be rushed
to the hospital due to my appendix, and having emergency surgery to
have it removed. So im on a strict do nothing routine for a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Dxtrigger

Well, I got the dxtrigger in the mail yesterday. Against doctors order, I
decided to go and install it. (almost died last week, due to my appendix, and having emergency surgery). So, the website says its a 5 minute job.
I can tell you right now, that the dxtrigger DOES NOT work with the
Pure Polaris hand guards. The trigger part rubs against the mounting bar
of the hand guards, leaving you with the trigger sticking on, (Could be a very
interesting ride to say the least) So now you have 3 options. Take the hand guards off all together, purchase a different style hand guard, or Modify
the Polaris ones. I did the latter.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Have yet to try it out, due to not being able to ride until my
doctor clears me, hopefully sometime around July 10. (keeping my fingers
crossed)

·
Registered
151 Posts
led tail light bulbs

Worked the first time, no issues

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
It wasn't on my machine, but I changed both rear axles and wheel bearings. Fixed the grip heaters and installed a new switch on the left handlebar for a friend. I still have a spacer and screw to put in the rear rack mount..can't believe his wife could stand the noise of that rack mount flapping.

His left rear CV boot was torn and the joint sounded like a rock polisher.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just finished my rear storage tube, lots of room. I have a tool bag, towing/winch bag, spare parts bag, first aid kit and a spare belt.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just finished my rear storage tube, lots of room. I have a tool bag, towing/winch bag, spare parts bag, first aid kit and a spare belt.

That's plain cool! Did you use PVC pipe? What are the ends made from and how do they fasten?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
898 Posts
The Polaris Xenon light bulbs I installed. Boy they are bright.

Attachments

·
Administrator
898 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
On my 06 800 EFI Sportsman: Removed all the bolts so the rear differential case could be moved back, had to remove the lower a arm pivot bolts also, removed old worn out prop shaft, replaced with new prop shaft, moved the rear drive diff back into place, replaced the lower pivot bolts and all rear diff bolts. Adjusted rear shock preload 2 notches stiffer, rerouted the throttle cable and adjusted sheath to correct the "check engine" code it was throwing, as well as correcting the throttle up condition when turning to the left. Checked and topped off battery. Very productive day!

·
Registered
348 Posts
I bought a rubber bumper thing for the winch and it was delivered yesterday. I took it to the ATV for a quick install. I ran some cable out and couldn't more than a couple feet. It seems that the previous owner, who used the winch for plowing, got the cable snarled. I ran the machine over to a tree. Put a strap around the tree and used a ratcheting tie down to put a strain on the cable. I didn't get too far trying that even with the brakes locked and dragging it across the gravel.

Pulled up to the garage and removed the fairlead to get to more of the spool. Still couldn't get the cable to budge. Then I removed the plow bracket and front plastic to remove the winch. Took out all sorts of bolts and finally got the winch on the bench. Still couldn't get the cable free so I took the winch apart so I was dealing with just the spool. Got enough slack to slip the cable off one end and wire cable gained a life of it's own unwinding - until it hit the snarl. Still couldn't get the wire free so I worked some slack to the other end of the spool and managed to slip it off. Again with the cable fleeing the scene... Finely got to the problem area and was able to work enough slack into the cable to work it loose. All in all, I was on it for eight hours and have bolts and parts spread in many places. Should have taken some pictures along the way at least for reference of how it goes back together. I still have to get the cable back on the winch, the front plastic back on along with the plow frame. Might as well try out the Amsoil marine grade grease (got it at a car show today) on the bushings as long as they are out in the open.

21 - 40 of 744 Posts