Polaris ATV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 744 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
We put on some fast miles today, did 100 miles at black river falls. Goining out again in the mornin till lunch and we head back south.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Again nothing I did....yet. But my xp1000 was picked up at the dealer in Alabama and is now in Tennessee in a container heading for Washington state. Should get there on the 15th,I'll be getting off the boat on the 16th,fly home and pick it up at the terminal on the 18th. Then I'll install my new wheels/tires,GSE exhaust and front billet pinion cover. I also just ordered the flame arrestors for the GSE.Qsc clutch and bumpers to follow soon.

·
Administrator
898 Posts
Again nothing I did....yet. But my xp1000 was picked up at the dealer in Alabama and is now in Tennessee in a container heading for Washington state. Should get there on the 15th,I'll be getting off the boat on the 16th,fly home and pick it up at the terminal on the 18th. Then I'll install my new wheels/tires,GSE exhaust and front billet pinion cover. I also just ordered the flame arrestors for the GSE.Qsc clutch and bumpers to follow soon.

Bet your excited.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
took it bush-wacking with the step son. Trying to see if we can find a route to my buddies property on the other side of the woods. Can get to the other side of the creek from him, but a near vertical bluff face may cause some issues. need to try to fine an alternate route.

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
Cecco frame braces you might want to add to the list. I know I would.

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
I bolted up a new LED, haven't wired it yet. First I had to wash all the mud off from yesterday's ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
Got the cable spooled back onto the winch. Mounted the front plastic pieces and snow plow skid plate. Did some more wiring of aux lights and tried to find out why I'm getting a ADC code (520203 - Driver circuit open/grounded/shorted).

·
Registered
158 Posts
Done. Just ordered front and rear Cecco braces....

·
Registered
158 Posts

Bet your excited.
It's going to be hard not to ride it till I get all the parts on it. Hopefully it doesn't take too long,everything seems easy with the exception of the frame braces I just ordered.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
If it was an ATV are we allowed to post what we actually did to it? or does it have to be only on the Polaris models?

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
Done. Just ordered front and rear Cecco braces....
Good man!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Checking things out, fluids and things. Getting ready for Christmas Valley for a few days and next week heading for Coos Bay to the dunes and the beach.

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
I added this handy dandy lanyard to the rig. It came with my I'd badge at work and since I carry my badge in my pocket I figured let's try it out on the machine. I have on occasion had the machine shut off due to the key fob so I'm hoping this eliminates that issue for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Got the call today,my quad is ready for pick up,a day earlier than originally quoted,no added costs. I paid $497 to ship from Alabama to Washington state in an enclosed trailer,all the other bids were 750 on a flatbed or $1100 enclosed,so anyone needing to ship,check with Yrc freight. The bad news is,I'm not home to go pick it up. I fly home on Saturday and won't get there till 9:45pm,the good news is they're open from 8-12 on Sunday,guess where I'll be at 0800.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Got the call today,my quad is ready for pick up,a day earlier than originally quoted,no added costs. I paid $497 to ship from Alabama to Washington state in an enclosed trailer,all the other bids were 750 on a flatbed or $1100 enclosed,so anyone needing to ship,check with Yrc freight. The bad news is,I'm not home to go pick it up. I fly home on Saturday and won't get there till 9:45pm,the good news is they're open from 8-12 on Sunday,guess where I'll be at 0800.

That's awesome. Good luck not riding it before all your mods. I couldn't do it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
348 Posts
I got a lot of things done in the last three days.

Wired up reverse light
Installed DX Trigger
Installed heated grips
Installed thumb heater
Installed LED headlights

For the eye candy part, I got a billet gas cap

Because I got frustrated looking for dropped hardware, I made some temporary foot well covers. They came in as a handy place to put tools and parts as I was working.

If you're considering LED headlights, on my bike it's real tight behind the high beam. The set with the cooling fan on the back would not fit. I installed them in the front as low beams. The other set had woven copper as a heat sink and I got them to fit but the beam is pointing low. It can't be adjusted any higher due to interference. I also discovered that the 800 type bulb can turned clockwise or counter clockwise to lock into place.

·
Registered
273 Posts
So i have been messing around with the idea of different LED light options. Saw a picture of how someone mounted some 3" cube led lights and figured I could do that :). I had a lot of the material so the only cost I have into are for the 3" black label cubed lights which was $85 for the pair. So currently the cubed lights are my low beams flood pattern and high beam is my 10 hyper spot bar. The dang lights are so bright now, I pity anyone coming the other direction.

I removed the original LED assemblies I had which I purchased from polaris dealer. They are Expensive but cool looking. A few LEDs went out in them.

The rest of the pictures are my new setup.

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
So i have been messing around with the idea of different LED light options. Saw a picture of how someone mounted some 3" cube led lights and figured I could do that :). I had a lot of the material so the only cost I have into are for the 3" black label cubed lights which was $85 for the pair. So currently the cubed lights are my low beams flood pattern and high beam is my 10 hyper spot bar. The dang lights are so bright now, I pity anyone coming the other direction.

I removed the original LED assemblies I had which I purchased from polaris dealer. They are Expensive but cool looking. A few LEDs went out in them.

The rest of the pictures are my new setup.

That is totally F-ing cool! What did you use as the filler around the cubes. More pics of the mod I need :biglaugh:. Really makes the bike look sinister.

41 - 60 of 744 Posts