741 - 744 of 744 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,405 Posts
Lights look good.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Well lately it's been work on the 2005 Sportsman 400.....

Over our MEA break this past week we went on a day trip Friday, ending in the 2005 being towed back to the trail head / trailer. Long story short... It lost all power after being shut down for a rest break, after running just fine for the 2 hours prior. So, Sunday I started trouble shooting / diagnosing it had power at the battery, then solenoid, then key.... of which it did. But nothing at key turn. Kill switch on run, check?? Probed leads from ignition supply harness and pins on key switch.... something seemed off. I'm stumped at this point?! I then decided to tear apart kill switch housing and found a melted spring blade terminal on the kill switch. Carefully 'repaired' that back to operation and now all is well again!

Then last night we put pulled it into the garage again to add new LED spot lights on the 2005 front bumper.... in the hopes of a 'night ride' before the snow flies or for the need during hunting. Should be just like day time now!

Next up will be maintenance on everything this winter..... all fluids / filter on all 3 machines. And a general look over. As I'm thinking my machine (800) need a review of the clutch / belt.... seems a little grabby / jerky (like the feeling of slow rolling tire tread or belt ribs grabbing) when first bringing up RPM's as it engages for take off??? May be time for a clutch kit.... or good excuse to finally do one!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Finally got time to take a quick loop in the dark.

Here are the pics taken in the yard about 35-40 feet away from garage door:

Front of garage no lights

No Lights.jpg

Front of Garage, 48W headlights (flood beam) Only

HL Only.jpg

Front of Garage, 48W Headlights and 18W spotlights on bumper

HL and Spot.jpg

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sitting at the bottom of a small rise on the farm to get a decent pic of beam pattern and distance. Top of the pic is at least 100' away, probably further since the wife and I'd had a couple beers with dinner earlier and my estimating skills weren't 100%... :grin:grin

18W Spot Only

Spot Only.jpg

48W Headlights only

HL Field.jpg

18W Spot and 48W Headlights

HL and Spot Field.jpg

741 - 744 of 744 Posts