Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Just bought a new 2013 5560 X2. Didn't plan to yet but found out the 2014 models only came with EPS so managed to find a 2013 at a very good price. So I am looking for a variety of gadgets to add on. It came with a Polaris 2500 wince and a windshield but I will need a good front bumper/brush guard, a rear bumper and would also appreciate comments on anything others have found useful.

Ref the bumpers two criteria are durability and proper fit.mounting strength.

LAstly, has anyone found auxiliary fuel containers made to fit into the front storage compartment?

Thanks in advance

btw-location is Northern Wisconsin

·
Registered
142 Posts
The best bumpers without a doubt are the ATV-GURU bumpers, you can buy them from Thor at Hey! ATV Parts and Accessories are Here he also has the gas cans that fit inside the front box. I also recommend replacing the factory tires with something else that fits your riding, mud, rocks etc.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
ATV GURU!!

THOR can set you right up!

CW

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
My reply is for the Thor folks. Unfortunately I am handicapped by being an engineer so details are important to me. During my working life I was involved in powder coatings and do know that they are excellent. Unfortunately, like most things, you must sweat the details. Powder coatings are first class if the surface prep is correct and, from my experience, it needs to be a white blast. Not an acid wash. So much stuff nowadays is made with a useless powder coating that flakes off and has regular disbondment.

I like the Thor stuff very much, from what I see after investigating them. What I need to know is if the powder coating is applied after a white or near white blast or just an acid wash. Alternately, anyone that has had their products for 2-3 years in the Northland with salt exposure in the winter that can confirm the coating is good will also be exellent feedback.

Thanks to all that have answered my original post. They have lead me to options I was not aware of and truly appreciate it.

Enjoy the Fall before winter comes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts