Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2017 sportsman 570 June of 2017, so last year. My battery is already dead (which I knew was a problem on these before I bought it). Whats the best option for a new battery. I want something that will last awhile. Also has anyone made some kind of casing around the battery to protect it better, due to the terrible spot that they are in.

·
Premium Member
8,182 Posts
Don't worry about the batteries location, it's a non issue. As for the best battery I put Odyssey AGM batteries in everything I own.

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
Yuasa have always been good to me.

Every owner who complains about location is told it's a non issue. It's a great place till you need to access the darn thing.

I don't know at kind of battery these come with. But they don't seem to last.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
The battery is in a PIA spot. However it is easier if you take the coolant overflow tank loose and let it hang. 2 T25 Torx screws on the outside of the frame. Leaves you a little more room to get your hands in. They come with a dry battery labeled Polaris. The whole machine is in a crate and is not unpacked until needed. I can't speak for every dealership but where I work, we do not put a battery in if the machine is gonna just sit on the showroom floor. The battery comes dry so we have to add acid and charge them. We do keep batteries ready so we can get one up and running for a test drive or a sale.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Best battery? I've had extremely good luck with lithium batteries of all brand names. I have tried BikeMaster from Tucker Rocky, Firepower Featherweight from Western Power Sports, Battery Tender and Shorai. All have 2 year warranty except Shorai which has a 3 year warranty. They about 1/5 a conventional battery, won't leak, don't produce gas when charging or discharging and do not require special recycling concerns when disposing of. Yeah, they are higher than hell, but if I have to replace a conventional battery 3 times to one Lithium, I saving money in the long run. I've got lithium batteries in 4 vehicles now (05 TRX400EX, 04 CRF250X, 08 Polaris 400 HO and a 2012 Chinese 110cc step through motorcycle. The oldest lithium battery is a Shorai in my CRF250X which is 4 years old and still going strong.

So........... in my personal opinion; I think lithium batteries are best

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I don't agree with Latebird,
i have 3 2010 Sportsman 450 with the original battery still running.
Lithium is ok but not so much better than some may think.
Get yourself a maintanance free and you are fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts