1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
helmet cam

I got a gopro hd from atv outfitters in august i love it I mounted on front cargo box and i also got mount on helmet but prefer on front box were I can make sure it doesnt get knocked off even though double stick tape is very strong no experience with any others heres video from Jericho state park in nh. this fall

Attachments

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I have had a GoPro camera since they were in SD and upgraded to the HD version a while ago. It's one of the better choices out there. Lots of accessories are available too.

I got mine on eBay with a 16 GB SD card for $225

It does have one issue. If you are riding into the sun, it washes out the video, but in any other situation the colors are nice and crisp. In the old SD version it would put a black dot right on the sun (sensor overload)

I think you will be pleased with the quality. Don't use 1080p mode unless you have a killer computer to play it on. It takes a quad core machine with 8GBs of ram to even play those files smoothly. 720p is all you need. Plus you get twice the recording time on one disk.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i would check out contour camera. they actually have a camera that has a gps built into it and it automaticly matches your video to google maps when u down load it you computer. i am going to get one next month. u can also take full 1080p at 30fps(frames per second). and u can swicth modes and take video at 720p at 60fps. contour says that at 60fps it helps take the little jitter out of the video. just another option. check it out.

Contour - GPS Video Camera and HD Helmet Camera

·
Registered
123 Posts
I also have the GoPro, awesome video, tough and lots of different mounting hardware.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I had read some reviews that the Tachyon XC HD was the overall in comparison to other manufacturers. I forget where I saw this review, but it's out there somewhere, maybe someone here knows about it. They reviewed 5 or so different models. I've seen the GoPro used on a TON of different shows though, including American Chopper: Sr. vs Jr. It is built very tough, but doesn't offer all the options I'm interested in. Keep us posted on what you get!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got the GoPro Hero this week. Now i would prefer some temperatures that are not subzero, so I can try it out.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Is that the helmet HD hero? Where did you get it from, and if you don't mind me asking what was the price. After I commented earlier, I did a more extensive research search on the subject and found that the GoPro Official Store: Wearable Digital Cameras for Sports received rave reviews from numerous websites and users. I also like the fact that supposedly later this year they are coming out with some 3D software so that those that have 2GoPro's can record in 3D! That should be pretty awesome! Anyway, I look forward in a review once you get it out and running! Enjoy!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, 3D will be cool. I actually got a brand new one off eBay. I got it for $250. Most places it was about $299.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yeah, 3D will be cool. I actually got a brand new one off eBay. I got it for $250. Most places it was about $299.
I was thinking about getting one off ebay too, but didn't know about the reliability from 3rd party dealers. Sounds like you got a good deal!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts