Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a winch for my scrammy today,but when i got it home and tried to install it,the wiring was all wrong. My dealer sold me a winch for a sportsman, part number 2880433. it bolts on fine but the electrical connections don't seem to be there. Am i missing something? Do they have a specific winch for a 2013 scrambler 850? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Not quite sure what you are talking about... there are no connections unless you mean the battery. You need to wire everything from scratch except for the the low voltage power that turns on with the key. You should have received instructions with the kit. My advice is take it back and buy some other brand for half the cost. Like a Viper.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya , i guess its hard to explain, there is a connector on the back of the motor of the winch that is supposed to plug into something but the instructions are very unclear. i'll look into the viper. thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, the paperwork that came with the winch claims the switch is supposed to plug into the main wire harness(MY 15 vehicles). I assume the sportsman 850 is a MY 15 vehicle. anyone happen to know what the MY number is for the 2013 scrambler 850 is? I can't seem to find the correct part number for a winch that is for my scrambler. any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Dealer should have the PN, if they still have any available. Polaris may have dropped all the pre 15 winches. They do weird things sometimes. You will have to bring the whole works back to them and see if they can swap you out. If they don't have anything, let me know and we can help get you set up with something.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i sent you a PM regarding the winch. I am also interested in clutching my wheeler. What is everyone doing as far as clutching goes for a 2013 scrambler 850?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just ordered a viper elite 3500lb winch with the scramber 850 mounting bracket. also ordered the QSC clutch kit. now i sit back and wait for the mail man!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts