Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on a 91 Trail Boss I just bought. This button on the handle bars near the brake caliper doesn't seem to do anything. I chased the wires down to a big bundle underneath the front Plastics. Can anyone tell me what this button is supposed to do? It doesn't seem to do anything when I press it and has no clicking sound. Seems to be a button that is supposed to function only when you're pressing it down, as it does not stay down by itself and then click off when you press it again. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woops... Not sure why it didn't attach the first time. Here ya go!

·
Registered
719 Posts
does the light switch itself work?maybe a fan override ? Get into the harness and see what wire its tapped into.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The head light switch works perfectly. I haven't heard the fan run as of yet (auto on with thermostat?). Will dig into the wiring see if I can track it down since it's aftermarket. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
My son in laws 1990 trial boss had that same thing but without the rubber cover. Needs it to make it run. I had to solder a wire back on it to get spark. Might be a reverse limiter early version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
719 Posts
My son in laws 1990 trial boss had that same thing but without the rubber cover. Needs it to make it run. I had to solder a wire back on it to get spark. Might be a reverse limiter early version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good call Stave grin R/O switch is more likely

1 - 9 of 9 Posts